LegacyGT.com

Does the Cobb Accessport already assume you have a catless uppipe?

Purchased my car completely stock. Added the Cobb intake, airbox, and Accessport (stage 1, 93, sf). The sound was great, and the acceleration in higher RPMs was slightly improved, but 2-3k in every gear became sluggish. It felt like I was flooding the engine. I was in denial until this up-pipe, thinking I just had to adjust my shift timing.

Installed an Invidia up-pipe this weekend, and I don't know if I possibly fixed a small exhaust leak during the install, but the gains are VERY noticeable, along with the sluggishness between 2-3k now gone.

Do the tunes that come with the Accessport assume that this has been done already, since it's pretty much a must-do? If not, is a re-tune necessary?

Adding a downpipe and getting it custom tuned will net you the most gains for the money. $200 or so for the downpipe and $150 for an etune from a member here and you will feel like its a whole different car

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I guess I wasn't very clear with my question. I'm wondering if the Accessport tunes assume you have a catless up-pipe. This is purely curiosity. I ask this because it ran funny with the accessport tune on a catted up-pipe, but the catless up-pipe install made it feel like it runs like it's supposed to.

Purely curiosity.

No it doesn't assume you have a catless uppipe with stage 1. When you get a downpipe the tune is specific to that and you will have to flash stage 2 on the accessport. Its probably ironic that it feels like it runs better with the uppipe

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived