LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy Hybrid

Tide

Very interesting... especially the fact that they intend to use the electric motor to provide the low-end torque where the turbocharger is lacking.

And I finally learned what a boxer engine means! :lol:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Will be very interesting to see what the trade off will be though.

We will gain in one way but i think we will lose in another.

Its the law of averages.

If they do pull off a 30MPG Twin Scroll Turbo, it might run hard all the way to redline but how much weight will you be pulling ?

Ada///M.

PS Nice find Chad.... well done.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Jedi; 2015 yeah right. I bet you said that when you had your WRX.

Twin scroll nice. Now will it be able to handle the mods??

Well, you're right about that- but I would like to actually pay a car off before getting another one next time :lol:

If—and of course, that’s a big if—Subaru is able to deliver on that goal of maintaining current 2.0 GT performance while delivering a 20% improvement in fuel economy, the Legacy hybrid will outperform the Accord hybrid, while using a smaller engine and consuming less fuel.

Very impressive indeed.

I wonder if/when it makes it to the US, what kinda price tag that thing would hold? I also wonder what they will leave out, for the US market vs. Japan, and what other differences it would have, given that we don't get the twin scroll 2.0 litre/liter engine. Oh well, does seem like a nice move towards fuel conservation...!

Will be very interesting to see what the trade off will be though.

We will gain in one way but i think we will lose in another.

Its the law of averages.

If they do pull off a 30MPG Twin Scroll Turbo, it might run hard all the way to redline but how much weight will you be pulling ?

Ada///M.

PS Nice find Chad.... well done.

Good point. Won't make a difference if the car is fat and dull. No point in going fast if you can't drive the car.

I'd prefer a diesel, but a BMW diesel. I wonder how close Subaru's diesel will come to those lovely units.

it better have more horsepower. The Honda Accord V6 Hybrid out horses the non-hybrid V6 and I think that should set the standard. If you are going to fork over the extra bucks to save our environment then you should get something out of it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I like the integrated motor assist but hate the miller cycle, so I guess we would have to program the computer and maybe change the cams to get back to normal. But think about it with a electric motor assit turbo spool time decreases with more low end torque ..... GT35 anyone? As you can tell I could care less about the gas mileage.

It all comes down to the Dollas baby$$..If SOA brings this to market @ a low premium 1-2k it will sell...but @ 4-5k it would make no sense.

I would rather see SOA come out with a standard 6spd man & a 7spd auto (Mercedes) both of those options could come to reality for much..much less. The real world savings would be far greater, not to mention long term maintenance with the Hybrid......CHECKBOOK PLEASE;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

it better have more horsepower. The Honda Accord V6 Hybrid out horses the non-hybrid V6 and I think that should set the standard. If you are going to fork over the extra bucks to save our environment then you should get something out of it.

:lol: That's naive. Do you really think getting 38 mpg vs. 25 will 'save the environment'? I know I know.....offtopic.

Archived