LegacyGT.com

2004 - Outback Air conditioning problem

dawnlh

I have a 2004 Legacy Outback H6 3.0 Wagon with about 203k miles on it. I have had air conditioning problems for over a year. I have had several things done: replaced fan (a couple of times), replaced compressor, replaced all of the hoses, replaced dryer, replaced pressure switch (didn't work so new part removed and replaced with original), replaced control head (also didn't work so new part removed and replaced with original). None of these things worked. Pressure holds and there is no leak. Subaru advised the dealer that the next step is to replace the PCM. When this started, I would be able to stop the car, turn it off, then back on and the AC would work again. Now it will work for about 3 seconds and then turns off. Also, about the same time this started, my radio started acting up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea if this could somehow be related, but I thought it can't hurt to mention it. If it is the PCM, is it possible to somehow reset it and see if that works? Any suggestions or comments?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived