LegacyGT.com

Need help with a part number - oil temperature sensor

Hi I have a 2008 subaru legacy limited 2.5 sohc, and found my oil temperature sensor broken after pulling a p0198 code from my obd2. Literally broken, snapped in half, dunno how. I tried contacting multiple dealerships in my area but they keep saying it must be a coolant temp sensor and that's all they can find. I pulled the part and there's definitely oil on the sensor. It's located next to the oil pressure sensor and oil pressure switch. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the help cuz I'm tired of a talking to dealerships that don't know.

The picture of the broken part is the actual part that I pulled. It looks exactly like a coolant temp sensor and that's whats currently in place of it right now since the guy at the dealership parts counter insisted that's what it was. The only thing is that i know the coolant temp sensor is up in the front of the engine and that was pulled towards the back where I believe the oil pressure sensor and vvl oil pressure switch is? Plus it had oil on it not coolant. If you or anyone else can help me with the part number I'd appreciate it cuz I'm not too comfortable knowing a coolant temp sensor is in that spot.

oil4point.thumb.jpg.45b3430da6052ae2c4d1473cb047b19c.jpg

oilhighlight.thumb.jpg.26c73e57945143e07e0a027678455970.jpg

oiltemp.thumb.jpg.2ce0222e983f340d1b781dcc88b3f7a5.jpg

oiltemppoint.thumb.jpg.07b1226cf559db0d10933aa83ff96c79.jpg

I keep looking it up and even called soa to verify. 22630AA17A seems to be part, so I figure it's interchangeable. Most commonly listed as coolant temp sensor, but also called sen ay-temp sensor. Please correct me if my I'm wrong. Seriously. Hopefully This will save someone a headache down the road.

Thanks for checking. I kept wondering what if it isn't..... Now i just gotta change my coolant temp sensor (on water pipe) weirdly the exact same part number (subaru must use them as general liquid temp sensors or something) to get my main fan to stop running full blast.

• 6 months later...

Archived