LegacyGT.com

epic springs- is there something wrong????

T_Altland27

Quick question I recently installed epic springs about 3 weeks ago now after all done got it all aligned I took notice the other day my passenger side front is a half inch higher then my driver front I measured it in my garage on a flat even floor its even noticeable by just looking at both sides nothing is binding so Idk what else it could be to sit a half inch higher can anyone give me any hints as to what is causing this?

even went so far as to take apart the front spring/struts, and double check everything, still have the issue.

when i get home, the car will likely get coils, or bilsteins and a different brand of spring.

I could suck start a snow blower.

In just measure tonight and its now at a quarter of an inch I'm coming to the conclusion that there getting broke in now but I'm going to keep checking periodically reason why I think that is I put them on got it aligned the next day and my parents were at of town so my car sat in the garage for almost two weeks since then I put about 100 or so miles on it

i'm at probably 10k on mine, still uneven.

That's not normal. Possibly a faulty heat treat or stress relief process.

I've seen this several time in the Jeep world where new springs would settle in differently than expected, but that's with leaf springs...similar techniques for heat treat and stress relief so I'd expect similar issues.

Archived