LegacyGT.com

2014 August 24 track day at Laguna Seca

fredrik94087

I have already signed up through Speed Ventures.

They just got that slot yesterday. Track days are August 23 and 24, but I signed up for Sunday.

Any biters?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I also signed up for Sunday September 21 at Sonoma Raceway. However, I only saw two groups; advanced and mixed.

Mixed has open passing and point-by (yikes). If you don't want open passing you must affix some decal from TrackMasters on your front and rear license plate or bumper so drivers who are coming up know you are not comfortable with passing.

I sent an e-mail asking if they have any other groups. If they don't, I guess I will just have to suck it up.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Okay...home in one piece, but my left fender liner took a nose diver under my tire (275/40/17). The left fender got caught on my tire as well and my tire has a nice ring around it. The slice doesn't seem to go deep enough and it held air all the way home. I will look into it further.

Also, two of my wheel studs were stripped and I coaxed some new wheel nuts on there...otherwise my day would have been done after the first session.

For those of you who have run Laguna Seca, I did a 1:52.16 (if memory serves correct). This was the transponder time and it will be posted by Speed Ventures. Harry's Lap timer gave me a 1:52.06 for the same lap. So...1/10th of a second off.

I will get some video up and running this week.

Sweet! Glad you're home safe. Looks like some ARP wheel studs in your future.

Thanks.

Most likely ARP and figuring out how to secure the fender liners.

As soon as you hear a strange noise on the track, your brain will start crunching numbers: $$$ + $ + $$$$

Archived