LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy and Outback photos

SBT

Learned something new. Not sure how I missed that.

Has it been confirmed that the wheels are also 5x114.3? I scoured Joe Spitz's site and found nothing about it.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having high beams for DRLs should make it much easier then to upgrade the projectors to HIDs... and not lose the DRL feature.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

It's not like the WRX where you can swap the 194/168 led with a brighter and different temperature. These seem to be built in LED about 2-3 LEDS lid the C up. There's no way to get to it without separating the light.

In German cars, this can be done through coding. Very common mod for BMW and Audis. Here is a SQ5 coded for DRL's to function at 100%. You can also cancel them from going off when the blinker is enabled. However, I don't think Subaru's are quite that advanced yet.

There are so many cool features that can be additionally coded on the German cars.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Mobile%20Uploads/20140430_174140_zps5ispxqxd.jpg

Having high beams for DRLs should make it much easier then to upgrade the projectors to HIDs... and not lose the DRL feature.

Wrong, you'll need to disable the DRL feature in order to install HID in your high, otherwise the low 8.5v feed DRL will flickers your ballast and bulbs after every time you done your signalling lane change. I have HID installed on my high beam 2nd day I got the car.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

Wrong, you'll need to disable the DRL feature in order to install HID in your high, otherwise the low 8.5v feed DRL will flickers your ballast and bulbs after every time you done your signalling lane change. I have HID installed on my high beam 2nd day I got the car.

Eh eh. SBT is talking about upgrading the LOW beam projectors to HID and retaining the halogen high beams with their DRL feature. Previous Gen Legacy's used the LOW beam reflector/projectors at low voltage for the DRL and it made them a PITA to upgrade to HID.

If you install HID bulbs into your high beam halogen reflectors, you blind everyone this side of the Mississippi. Don't do it. No one on the road will think its cool.

So the high beams are now the DRLs? This is different than the 4th and 5th Gens where the DRLs are the low beams.

My car spent the first 4.5 years in hot/dry SoCal, and the last 3.5 years in hot/humid SoCar, and I've not had any issues with the DRLs. I've replaced 3 low beam bulbs - 2 PS/1 DS - in 155K of driving, no high beam bulbs at all. DRLs are throttled-down to run at ~ 35-50% power versus full-on low beams - so their heat signature is greatly reduced verus fully-on.

08-09 Legacy's also use the high beam bulbs at lower power for their DRL.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Eh eh. SBT is talking about upgrading the LOW beam projectors to HID and retaining the halogen high beams with their DRL feature. Previous Gen Legacy's used the LOW beam reflector/projectors at low voltage for the DRL and it made them a PITA to upgrade to HID.

If you install HID bulbs into your high beam halogen reflectors, you blind everyone this side of the Mississippi. Don't do it. No one on the road will think its cool.

05-07 it's not really a PITA, just unplug the DRL connector by your feet, right?

I still can't get over the grill on the 2015. Subarford Legacy.

05-07 it's not really a PITA, just unplug the DRL connector by your feet, right?

Yeah, just unseat the one cable in the DRL box and that was it. I don't mind the grille as much, but it definitely is better in black

Joe Spitz! His website is awesome and he is a great guy. I worked with him for a few years. I actually saw him today. Carter is a great dealership. They have stores in Ballard and shoreline. I recommend them to all my friends and family.

Cause when they sold 40k Legacies with the old grill it was definitely much better looking! :o

Does Subaru post monthly sales figures like other manufacturers? I Don't think they have enough vehicles produced to break records the first month, but there are 3 dealers here, and the cars seem to sell as fast as they get them in. Most of the inventory shows as "In Transit" and there are normally just 1 or 2 cars on the lot when I go.

So far three dealers within 50mil range sold about 6-8 Legacys including mine.

It was slow the first two wks tho.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

Does Subaru post monthly sales figures like other manufacturers? I Don't think they have enough vehicles produced to break records the first month, but there are 3 dealers here, and the cars seem to sell as fast as they get them in. Most of the inventory shows as "In Transit" and there are normally just 1 or 2 cars on the lot when I go.

googled:

http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=EBA7D4795C66C20F4D0351B6922127AA?&id=622&allImage=1&teaser=subaru-reports-best-ever-june-sales-june-2014&mid=1

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/subaru-reports-july-2014-as-best-ever-sales-month-269558871.html

etc....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I absolutely love the color. In direct sun the metal flake really pops, and at night it looks almost black. I was going to get the Lapis Blue but I would have had to wait 3 months for it in limited trim (dealer order). After seeing LBP in person though, I don't love it. Pretty color, but it looks almost purple in some lighting and I'm not a fan of that.

I'll get more pictures after the weather improves. Stupid rain.

Great lookin' car Cowboy!

I love my Carbide Gray Limited W/Nav. Looks just like your car....I went a bit lighter on the tint 30%. They had the lapid blue here in stock and did a dealer trade for the Carbide. Good Lookin' car for sure....with the lights, wheels, and color I think it's pretty hard to beat! The only thing I found is the seats don't seem to be as comfortable as the last gen.

Cause when they sold 40k Legacies with the old grill it was definitely much better looking! :o

If they made a one of a kind ugly car, it would still be an ugly car. How many they make doesn't change how something looks. I don't like it, doesn't mean other people have to not like it.

Exaclty, which is why I never looked at one previously to the 2015. Interior was garbage, features garbage, mpg a joke, and it looked like a banana. The last Legacy I did like prior to the 2015 was the 2.5GTS with the scoop.

Archived