LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy and Outback photos

SBT

Power delivery is smooth and quiet in the 3.6, but you can sure feel the weight of the engine around corners. Between that and way worse fuel economy, you're probably better off in the 2.5 !!

i tend to disagree. having driven both.. i decided to go with the 3.6r because of the power. my mpg is still in the 22-26 range if i dont drive aggressively. the 2.5i seemed underpowered and sluggish with the cvt. i have absolutely no problem with power in the 3.6r. merging, accelerating and such are incredibly easy. and for that little bit extra price i've got a car thats just as fast, luxurious and comfortable as a BMW 5 series for half the price.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i tend to disagree. having driven both.. i decided to go with the 3.6r because of the power. my mpg is still in the 22-26 range if i dont drive aggressively. the 2.5i seemed underpowered and sluggish with the cvt. i have absolutely no problem with power in the 3.6r. merging, accelerating and such are incredibly easy. and for that little bit extra price i've got a car thats just as fast, luxurious and comfortable as a BMW 5 series for half the price.

Yeah I agree about the power and comfort, I like it for the same reasons. Coming from a BRZ though, I was kind of shocked at how nose-heavy the 3.6 felt with all that engine overhanging the front axle. Maybe the 2.5 feels the same too, but either way I knew I was trading handling for a much nicer ride and interior and room for passengers. Definitely the right decision. And it is like a BMW for half the price. Plus I like the Subaru image better than any luxury brand, more down to earth but still a great car... Personal opinion of course, no insult to the Germans.

Best decision I made was getting the 3.6R. The car is too heavy by itself for a 2.5, could you imagine having more than 2 people in there and accelerating? Regardless of engine choice, I think overall the car is a good pick, the 3.6R just gives you a bit more confidence to run with the big boys. On a side note, I found a rock chip that has started to grow itself a across my windshield . Waiting to get a new windshield in within the next day or so.

• 2 months later...
Front vs E350

Overall I think this generation of the Legacy is much improved over the 2010 model, but I do wish they would have brought the hood/bumper interface down to where the headlights meet the grille. The E350 demonstrates this well.

• 1 month later...

Archived