LegacyGT.com

2015+ Fifth Generation Subaru Outback

Now that it's available to order/purchase, discuss your findings, observations and model-specific info here.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I have a 2015 Legacy 3.6R Limited with pkg 23, with eyesight and practically everything. I just recently received a 2015 Outback Limited 2.5 with eyesight and all the pkg 23 upgrades. I have had some good learning experiences with both cars that I am willing to discuss.:)

• 7 months later...
I have 15 outback with nearly all options. Great vehicle. Love the eyesight. I had a problem last winter, it would fail to start after operating it for about 5 minutes, setting for about 10 minutes, when it was ONLY below zero Fahrenheit. It would take several tries to get it to start. It would not do anything except some inside electrical. It was fixed with TSB 7-89-15. Relay problem, had to replace it. I took video of the dash area trying to start with remote and push button alternating. That is what got the fix identified and an engineer was involved to diagnose. Just info if anyone experiences this problem. In the Legacy forum, a person had problems where it quit running and it took several tries to restart it, slightly above zero temps. Same STB to fix it.

• 5 weeks later...

Placed our order for a 2016 Outback 3.6R in Carbide Gray last night with Eyesight. They gave us a good deal and high NADA trade in on her 2008 Ford Escape.

Stopped by the dealer yesterday, the car should be here in about 12 weeks...Looks like it may be coming on Santa's sleigh.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...

Just heard from the salesman, the car should arrive at the Port tomorrow, it should be ready for us in 7-10 day's after it gets there.

He gave me the VIN.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a shot from later yesterday after the sun came out.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN7115_zpskrfxspbd.jpg

Been enjoying the car, has almost 96 miles now, really like the eyesight.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking still the wagon, I enjoy the HP.

We did take the Outback north for the week over the Holiday's. But I'd rather not rack up the miles in it just yet.

We'll take the Spec this weekend, the wagon is having a P2016 cel. I'll decide what I'm going to do about that, just waiting to hear from the dealer if the air bag parts will be in today. I have some coupons from them that came with the new car, so the service for the TGV sensor should be cheap. It's to cold side for me to fix it.

• 3 months later...

Archived