LegacyGT.com

Possible new svx

solo413

I don't think a small company like Subaru can support two coupes. It could be for the next gen BRZ. I posted this story over at NASIOC and I did not see it posted here so enjoy.

Quick summary:

Automotive News conducted an interview with Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, president of Fuji Heavy Industries. In the interview, he mentions the next BRZ will come and also Subaru is working on a new engine. So new coupe and new engine, the question is will the new BRZ get this engine.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20141124/OEM08/311249992/subaru-boss-strong-growth-brings-new-challenges

I'm 48 years old and 6'2" tall. I track my LGT when my track car won't cooperate.

I don't want an SUV

I don't fit in a brz with a helmet on. (son says cut a Gurney bump in the roof)

My grey beard it appears is not allowed in a WRX

I also play golf with the wife or my son and believe skinny jeans are for girls.

That new pic is to offensive to my eyes but I like the layout, soften it up and I'll think about it.

C'mon guys, make a sport wagon, a shooting brake, something I care about or I'm outta here in 18 mos. when my son gets it or I trade in for a Audi wagon.

I'm even bugging Ford to make a Fusion wagon with the 2.7 or 2.3 6 speed in the mustang.

There might be a Mondeo wagon down under no?.

It's odd that they comment that they don't have enough engineering muscle to do a WRX wagon, which sold very well, plus no LGT, but have enough to pump out another coupe?

I don't think there will be a second coupe. I think the coupe in question is the next iteration of the BRZ.

Also I think you are confusing your "theys". They (Fuji Heavy Industries) applied all their engineering muscle power toward the Levorg. Subaru of America decided not to sell it here.

Two seperate theys.

The LGT is dead in Japan also. I was envious of our JDM Subaru members because they had the option of buying the previous gen Legacy with a 300 horsepower 2.0DIT engine in wagon or sedan form. Now poor Japan does not even get the 3.6R (they never got it but still)! The closest thing to a turbo Legacy is in China, there they will get the 2.0DIT for their Outbacks.

We all know that if it comes out it'll look like this, but with two doors, and Subaru is going to boast that they redesigned every panel. :lol:

http://pictures.dealer.com/p/patriotsubarusne/1846/efae2c01ec32a34a189e0b5f48e2ce93x.jpg

Look! An AWD Corolla!

I don't think there will be a second coupe. I think the coupe in question is the next iteration of the BRZ.

Also I think you are confusing your "theys". They (Fuji Heavy Industries) applied all their engineering muscle power toward the Levorg. Subaru of America decided not to sell it here.

Two seperate theys.

The LGT is dead in Japan also. I was envious of our JDM Subaru members because they had the option of buying the previous gen Legacy with a 300 horsepower 2.0DIT engine in wagon or sedan form. Now poor Japan does not even get the 3.6R (they never got it but still)! The closest thing to a turbo Legacy is in China, there they will get the 2.0DIT for their Outbacks.

By they I'm talking about them saying there is going to be only a WRX sedan - even though the sales split between wagons and sedans was 50/50 - because they did not have enough engineering resources to do a wagon as well.

True about the Legacy GT, but don't you think that it would be easier and cheaper to get the Lavorg through our emission and crash test certification, a Legacy with a WRX drivetrain, and even a WRX wagon on top of all that, than engineering another coupe, even if it is a replacement for the BRZ?

It reminds me of the bmw z3 roadster I used to love and always wanted one of them

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/13/eza5ubyp.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/13/6e5y5avu.jpg

the clown shoe!! so the subie = golf shoe? more like, ultimate frisbee sandal

folks what does this have to do with SVX, this is future / concept / shooting brake as us snobs refer to it. get it STR8 :mad:

I'm 48 years old and 6'2" tall. I track my LGT when my track car won't cooperate.

I don't want an SUV

I don't fit in a brz with a helmet on. (son says cut a Gurney bump in the roof)

My grey beard it appears is not allowed in a WRX

I also play golf with the wife or my son and believe skinny jeans are for girls.

That new pic is to offensive to my eyes but I like the layout, soften it up and I'll think about it.

C'mon guys, make a sport wagon, a shooting brake, something I care about or I'm outta here in 18 mos. when my son gets it or I trade in for a Audi wagon.

I'm even bugging Ford to make a Fusion wagon with the 2.7 or 2.3 6 speed in the mustang.

There might be a Mondeo wagon down under no?.

I like this guy

By they I'm talking about them saying there is going to be only a WRX sedan - even though the sales split between wagons and sedans was 50/50 - because they did not have enough engineering resources to do a wagon as well.

True about the Legacy GT, but don't you think that it would be easier and cheaper to get the Lavorg through our emission and crash test certification, a Legacy with a WRX drivetrain, and even a WRX wagon on top of all that, than engineering another coupe, even if it is a replacement for the BRZ?

I think the Levorg would be tough to sell here in the US. Since Subaru considered it a premium car, it would cost more than the Impreza. That puts it in competition with the Legacy and the Outback. The return on investment may not be worth it.

Maybe a compromise would be for Subaru to replaced the 1.6DIT with the FB2.0 or FB2.5 to lower the cost of the car, then position this car in between the Impreza and the Legacy. Offer a Levorg with the WRX powertrain and priced it between the WRX and the WRX STI.

I thought Toyota is bankrolling most of the GT86/BRZ development. FHI probably has an agreement/commitment to do the next generation(s) of this coupe.

I think the Levorg would be tough to sell here in the US. Since Subaru considered it a premium car, it would cost more than the Impreza. That puts it in competition with the Legacy and the Outback. The return on investment may not be worth it.

Maybe a compromise would be for Subaru to replaced the 1.6DIT with the FB2.0 or FB2.5 to lower the cost of the car, then position this car in between the Impreza and the Legacy. Offer a Levorg with the WRX powertrain and priced it between the WRX and the WRX STI.

I thought Toyota is bankrolling most of the GT86/BRZ development. FHI probably has an agreement/commitment to do the next generation(s) of this coupe.

Levorge is already engineered though, they would just need to pass the US standards to sell it here. It certainly does not look really premium since it's just a WRX inside and out really, but that would be a problem if they asked premium pricing for it. I'd pay somewhat more for it over a WRX though. As the Levorge already has a WRX drivetrain it would be an easy sporty sell in my mind.

i'd buy a new subie wagon with a 2.0DIT, turbo, 6-speed. ala WRX in wagon. if it doesn't happen on the car lot, i'll probably end up attempting a mating between outback body and WRX drivetrain sometime down the road...

i'm still surprised the forester is still the big seller. is it all about the name? cause it's just an AWD ford escape. maybe the older body style was worth it (and looked good), but now? no.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

i'd buy a new subie wagon with a 2.0DIT, turbo, 6-speed. ala WRX in wagon. if it doesn't happen on the car lot, i'll probably end up attempting a mating between outback body and WRX drivetrain sometime down the road...

i'm still surprised the forester is still the big seller. is it all about the name? cause it's just an AWD ford escape. maybe the older body style was worth it (and looked good), but now? no.

It is still a subaru, and the things most people are looking for in one are still there. Class leading awd, safety, and value. The escape is not even in the same league of awd as the forester, especially with available xmode.

Another SVX?

Yeah sure. Keep dreaming.

Maybe it will share a FWD platform with a new Toyota Solara if one is ever reintroduced.

I don't see Subaru doing much these days in the realm of performance oriented cars. The Legacy GT has been dead now for several years, replaced with naturally aspirated CVT drudgery in a wrapper with the looks and chassis dynamics of a Ford Taurus. The STi receives no major mechanical updates, again, putting it's performance kind of mid pack with other performance oriented cars in the $40K range. The WRX is the only bright spot, but honestly they didn't exactly bring anything terribly new or exciting there either.

Face it chumps, Subaru now makes AWD Camry's and Corolla's. Bland penalty boxes for people seeking transportation appliances.

Archived