LegacyGT.com

new ad campaign

gt_ltd

Was that a sexual reference at the end of the Forester commercial?:dm: "Whichever way you go" then the pics of the man/woman symbols all tied together.:lol: Hmmm... Subaru is moving out there a bit! I like it!:) The music is far and above better then what I've heard from SOA before. Much more "modern" I guess? Not sure how to summarize it...
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Guest *Jedimaster*

The beginning of the Forester ad reminded me of that Legacy game where you guide the car around the track. I thought the circles at the end were going to turn into a model of Fallopian Tubes :lol:

The B9 is just horrible.

The Outback one was ultra gay- and are they changing the roofrails for the 06's? The one in the commercial had the flush mounted ones a la Legacy wagon.

okay, those are pretty funny..

Up next...

Come in now for Subaru GAY DAYS! Gays and Lesbians get special financing offers with a low low so good it must be queer APR...

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Guest *Jedimaster*
No effin way.

If SoA airs ads that have any kind of homo references, this will be my last Subaru.

I wouldn't go that far. But I like the idea of gays getting a discount. I like to think of myself as an honorary lesbian, so I'll take my rebate now please.

I wouldn't go that far. But I like the idea of gays getting a discount. I like to think of myself as an honorary lesbian, so I'll take my rebate now please.

+1 :lol:

Not really into the gay bashing thing myself :rolleyes:, so the comment was more just an observation not to be taking literally. I thought it was a pretty sneaky and funny thing to put in there myself! If it even means what I/we think it means...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

+1 :lol:

Not really into the gay bashing thing myself :rolleyes:, so the comment was more just an observation not to be taking literally. I thought it was a pretty sneaky and funny thing to put in there myself! If it even means what I/we think it means...

Who'se bashing gays?

I thought we were just joking around about the ongoing gay/lesbian theme across outback/forester owners ;)

I think they should make a pink rainbow edition outback

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

OMFG, if subaru develops any more of gay image than it already has, it will actually be difficult to continue owning my car.

UGH, the second-to-last demographic group I want to be associated with (a certain political party would be first; don't ask)

I think they should make a pink rainbow edition outback

^^^ :lol::lol::lol: NICE! Would you upgrade jedi? What about Redbeast?

I was just refering to some comments made before jedi's, don't worry about it gfx. :D

A little bird told me that Subaru is working on new TV campaign for the 06 models, and the following videos are some of the candidates:

Forester

B9

Outback

Discuss.

If the "little bird" that gave you this info is looking for some feedback before making the full length commercials, you had better tell them to start again from scratch.

All three are way off mark with the homo theme. Concentrate on telling people how good the cars are, not how gay you have to be to drive one. Nothing against gays, but it isn't going to sell cars !

A little bird told me that Subaru is working on new TV campaign for the 06 models, and the following videos are some of the candidates:

Forester

B9

Outback

Discuss.

The little bird should take his boyfriend's member out of his mouth for long enough to get off his political agenda. makes me want to join the anti-fag movement; in the past I've been against it, but shit like this is too much in your face.

Definately ditching my car if I see crap like this on tv.

The commercials are out there all right, but they certainly wouldn't make me get rid of my LGT, or discourage me from buying another Subaru. I bought the car for what it is; if I was that concerned about image, I would have bought another slow, unreliable Audi.

I think those commercials would be fine in the appropriate context, e.g. thrown on to the DVDs of "The 'L' Word", or in late-night reruns of the Ellen show on the Oxygen channel or whatever. They might generate a bad reaction in network prime-time, although there's a school of thought that says any publicity is good publicity.

I have to admit, I would prefer that they emphasize the female couples in the commercials rather than the male couples. Gay males probably have more money to spend on cars, though.

A little bird told me these ads have nothing to do with north america and were not done by the ad agencies for Canada or the U.S.

They certainly look like they're done professionally. My guess is that they are targeted pieces that will only be shown to limited audiences.

They certainly look like they're done professionally. My guess is that they are targeted pieces that will only be shown to limited audiences.

They are professionally done...just not for North America...they are for our friends down under

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well they look like fairly complete pre-vis. If they aren't pre-vis, they might want to get 3d artists who make the car models actually have the proportions of the real thing. They just don't look quite right to me.

As for the homosexual theme, it is exceptionally heavy handed. I'm exceedingly tolerant of alternative lifestyles, and it turned me off. What you drive and what you have sex with are really not related. Saying "hey, we like gay people, so could you gay people buy our cars," doesn't make your vehicles of higher quality or better features. They don't even make the car more emotionally appealing. At best it might make the brand more emotionally appealing and thus get some foot traffic in dealerships.

If they were made up for video billboards or something like that at a targeted event subaru was sponsoring, they'd be appropriate. On prime-time tv? I think it could hurt.

Archived