LegacyGT.com

Chikmagnet's OBXT

chikmagnet

Already well I guess it is about time I start my build thread.

So a quick glimpse into my vision. I used to own a 2005 bright silver metallic Legacy GT sedan. I really enjoyed that car but not the monthly expense so I decided to sell it. Originally sent I was bought that car I was looking for a LGT Wagon, but they were almost impossible to find at the time. So now that I had the ability to spend some time looking for one and doing some research I decided that a Legacy GT Wagon was not the best option as they still have a very high premium on them. So I decided to go with an Outback XT.

What I want out the car. I want it to be quick but doesn't have to be the fastest OBXT. I want it to handle well on the street and maybe a little aggressive driving in the mountains and twistys. I want it to look clean and distinctive. I want a nice clean all around stereo. Last but not least I want a nice driver, whether it be a trip out of state, drive to work, or out to a trail to ride my mountain bike.

Specs 2007 Outback XT Limited 5sp - 127,000

For some reason I can't upload from my tablet so here are some links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/716oas13fjb6wiw/20140427_174808.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wdso3v0ldqb693/20140428_130907.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao55gay52lxyrhv/20140430_191401.jpg

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Oh, lots of plans! I am waiting for my Coilovers to come in so I can lower it. Also going to go full stage 2 with turboback exhaust, intake and a dyno tune. I already got my wheels Rota SVN 18x8.5 hyper black

I really like how yours sits what all have you done to it?

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Thank you! Good choice on those wheels. I think they will look very good. Wheels are on my eventual list - thinking power mods first.

Lowered on Bilstein shocks with JDM Rev C wagon springs. Used a .75 inch spacer in the front and a 1.5 inch spacer in the rear to lift the car back up a little from the Legacy GT height.

LCA bushings (whiteline and Avo), Group N engine and transmission mounts, Steering rack bushings, Kartboy short throw shifter and front bushing, whiteline rear diff inserts, whiteline rear sway bar + avo reinforcement brackets, Grimmspeed master cylinder brace, Legacy GT rotors and calipers, stoptech pads, and Crytune Stage 1 tune.

The RSB made a huge difference in how the car feels. The stock one is weak and noodly.

Debating going Stage 3 (BNR16g) this summer, just need to rationalize the $2.2k expense.

Looking forward to seeing how your car turns out.

jeebus, 2.2k expense? I guess if you don't have stage 2 goodies it might add up to that.

and wish I had the same color, but beggars can't be choosers! i'm just happy I got a decent color manual OBXT within the 08-09 model years...

nice rides, everyone

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Yeah as of now I have my wheels, downpipe, intake, Hybrid Bov, Hogzawst exhaust. On order are my Coilovers catback Nameless Performance and the dash kit and harnesses for the stereo

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Archived