LegacyGT.com

STi vs. SPT

bcbaohio

Here's a question I have been wrestling with for quite a while, and just can't find an answer. STi - Subaru Technica International vs. SPT - Subaru Performance Tuning...what are the functions of these to organizations and how do they differ from one another?

I understand that both names provide buyers with some performance products for their subies under their respective names, but generally what's the fundamental difference? Tuning research, product development, rally car testing...somebody on this site has to know...

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

SPT is actually S.O.A.'s performance division, they carry STi parts that are proven to work on the USDM chassis Subaru's and create and market their own performance parts soley for the USDM chassis car's.

Hey, the SPT "STi" shift-patern thingie glows-in-the-dark (recharged via sunlight, not H3 :().

Now THAT's bling! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hey, the SPT "STi" shift-patern thingie glows-in-the-dark (recharged via sunlight, not H3 :().

Now THAT's bling! :)

There was a dude on Nasicock or ClubdoubleyourRX who made those stickers.

There was a dude on Nasicock or ClubdoubleyourRX who made those stickers.

^^^

Stickers with H3 ?

Holy crap, now *that* I want!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

STi > SPT.. skip the middle man.. just think of SPT is a vendor with no direction as of this point other than offering parts that even S.O.A. themselves would question the voidance of the factory warranty with these parts.

Keefe

Keefe

Speaking of SPT, I've got a pair of the larger SPT decals that have been taking up space in my toolbox. Anybody want them for FREE? They are the silver ones with blue shadow. $59.95 for (4) on the SPT web site. My price seems much more appropriate. :) Might look good on your shop window / wall / toolbox if not your car.

PM me with your address if you want them.

http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/sptImages/SOA588N450.jpg

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

• 3 weeks later...

Well, first of all there's no comparison as it's been obviously stated. STI has been the exclusive in-house works tuning arm of FHI in Japan for 27 years. It's a subsidiary of FHI and therefore has endless access and resources to all Subaru vehicles. They work together with engineers to R&D parts and test them on rally cars before going to market.

SPT was created by SOA to license and sell parts tested and developed for the US market. It's true that there's not much of a product line but it will grow as they start to work with more manufacturers other than Bosal and Eibach.

Archived