LegacyGT.com

Reseting my ECU on 99 Legacy sus 2.5l

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I'm trying to smog my 99 Subaru Legacy SUS 2.5l. I was changing the spark plugs and I had to remove the battery to access 3 of the plugs and unplugged a sensor that's on a pipe between air filter and intake manifold(either MAF sensor or MAP sensor not sure) to access other plugs and clean the air filter housing. After spark plugs were replaced I started the car with the sensor still unplugged and with no air filter, the car ran for less than a minute and died out. Smog place said ECU wasn't recognizing the car and that I need to reset my ECU. Is he right and if so how do I reset the ECU? What was the reason for ECU not recognizing the car?

I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK

THANK YOU

Your MAf sensor needs to be plugged in for the car to run.

If you don't have a scanner to erase the code, just unplug the battery for a short while. Reconnect and start. You'll have to run the car for 20-30 miles to get all the monitors ready for inspection.

Before going to the inspection station, go to any place that will read codes for free. the scanner should have an option to read state readiness insofar as codes.

Here in NY, you can have no more than 2 monitors in a not ready state, plus no check engine light on.

O.

Archived