LegacyGT.com

Boost Controllers and YOU! MBC's and EBCS

cryo

4 ports are supposed to be the best of both worlds. You can run a low spring pressure to default to during boost error situations but still hold a ton of pressure on the top side of the ewg to hold a ton of boost.

We ran one on a EVO X running about 30psi with *iirc* a 10psi wastegate spring in a tial. In theory they are pretty awesome but I have not calibrated a ton of them since the 3port works great in 99% of the situations.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 ports are supposed to be the best of both worlds. You can run a low spring pressure to default to during boost error situations but still hold a ton of pressure on the top side of the ewg to hold a ton of boost.

We ran one on a EVO X running about 30psi with *iirc* a 10psi wastegate spring in a tial. In theory they are pretty awesome but I have not calibrated a ton of them since the 3port works great in 99% of the situations.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

The 4th port is only usable if your wastegate actuator has top and bottom ports, which basically means external wastegate. Almost all internal wastegate turbos come with single-port actuators, so there's no place to hook up that 4th port on the solenoid.

I think Borg-Warner has (had?) a 2-port actuator as an option for some of their IWG turbos, but don't quote me on that.

The 4th port is only usable if your wastegate actuator has top and bottom ports, which basically means external wastegate. Almost all internal wastegate turbos come with single-port actuators, so there's no place to hook up that 4th port on the solenoid.

I think Borg-Warner has (had?) a 2-port actuator as an option for some of their IWG turbos, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah the efr series can have two ports on some if thier turbos. The evo referenced above was running a twin scroll iwg 7670 with a 4port. Not something that most will need to run their wanted boost levels

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Archived