LegacyGT.com

Want to Borrow STi front Brembo Caliper...

GTEASER

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone local has a STi front Brembo caliper sitting around that is not currently installed that I can borrow for a few days. I will be test fitting a set of new wheels in the next week or two and I just want to unbolt my stock caliper and bolt up the Brembo to see if the wheel fits okay. Either side will work and I'm not worried about the rears obviously because they are smaller. I will not be hooking up the hydraulic line or driving on it, just running the bolts in (carefully) to hold it in position to see if the wheel goes on okay. Eventually I want to get Brembos, but I don't want to end up having to buy wheels again. :)

Let me know, I would appreciate the help.

18x9 +40 Konig Torch. I am pretty sure it will be fine, but just want to be certain.

you wanna test fit it on my car?

Not sure I could bring the wheel to you without actually purchasing them. If all else fails I suppose I could try them on my buddies '13 STi. He is local and could meet me at the tire/wheel shop. Maybe that's the best solution here.

where is the shop? Friend's STI probably easiest if the wheel specs are the same for 5x100 and 5x114

FWIW my Work 18x8 +42 clears barely, so you're probably good at 18x9 +40.

:lol::lol: Well I just realized I can't put the wheels on the STi, becuz bolt pattern. Duh!! It sounded good tho. Unfortunately, well, and fortunately, the wheels aren't drilled for both patterns. I guess I can just take some measurements on my car and the STi.

Thanks wpmarky, I figure I am probably good, but I just want to avoid suprises down the road.

Anyone with a Brembo caliper sitting around?

Archived