LegacyGT.com

IDEA-Web links saved for various parts

WELCOME TO THIS THREAD OF INFORMATION. I'M TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER INFORMATION ON A DAILY BASIS THAT CAN HELP MAKE EVERYONE'S LIVES EASIER. IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION LIKE THIS FOR AN EXISTING POST INCLUDING AN ADDITIONAL WEBSITE OR PART NUMBERS OR PARTICULAR CONTACT NAMES FOR ANY PART OR SOURCE LISTED, PLEASE PM TO ME AND I'LL EDIT THE EXISTING POST TO INCLUDE. IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN CONTRIBUTION POST, PLEASE PUT A TITLE ON IT SO IT'S EASIER TO SEARCH. THE MORE INFORMATION HERE, THE BETTER WE WILL ALL BE, ESPECIALLY WHEN A NEW MEMBER NEEDS TO FIND SOMETHING AND HE/SHE CAN COME HERE AND FIND IT QUICKLY AND EASILY.

REMEMBER TO PATRONIZE THE VENDORS THAT SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY. SOME OF THEM GIVE EXCELLENT INFORMATION AND ADVICE AND DO IT ON THEIR OWN TIME AND FOR FREE. THEY ARE HERE BECAUSE THEY LOVE OUR CARS AND THE COMMUNITY BUT THEY ARE ALSO TRYING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE TO MAKE A LIVING. BEFORE CHECKING AMAZON OR EBAY, OR SOME DISCOUNT SITE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF, CHECK THE VENDORS THAT ARE LISTED ON THIS STICKY AND ALSO IN THE VENDOR'S FORUM. THESE ARE THE VENDORS THAT SUPPORT LGT.COM AND THEY NEED YOUR SUPPORT. IF THEY ARE $5 MORE, SO WHAT? SEE HOW MANY POSTS THEY ALL HAVE AND READ SOME OF THE INFORMATION AND REALIZE THAT THEY ARE THE BEST AND MOST EXPERIENCED COMMODITY WE HAVE HERE. I HAVE PUT LINKS IN TO THEM AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE WHEN I PERSONALLY KNOW THEY HAVE A PARTICULAR PART, BUT IF YOU SEE ONE I MAY HAVE MISSED, PLEASE PM ME AND I'LL EDIT THE INFORMATION IN.

THANKS EVERYONE AND ENJOY!!!

UPDATE: BOXKITA HAS PUT ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD IN A EASY TO SEARCH FORMAT AT THIS LINK AND POST #135-GIVE IT A TRY.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238p9.html

I just read about the Stromung install and Gex posted the following:

"This is for a 3" downpipe to 2.5" exhaust (stock diameter). I'm sure you could just flip it the other way though."

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/3-inch...adaptor-1.html

How about a thread that every time someone asks for a particular part and someone has a link to that exact part, we post the link and title the post as to what the part is and then sticky it? I bookmark every link I come across like the one above in a file called "Subaru Stuff" on my computer but a sticky with all of these super helpful links would be something that COULD keep some of the mundane questions down to a minimum.

Just an idea.

Thoughts?

Adding index here:

First stab at an index (pages 3 & 4 on big boy settings):

General

2.5 N/A Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

2005-2006 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Add bluetooth to your factory radio

BarManBean's list of "Reliability Modifications"

BMB OE TMIC Bulletproof Kit

Brembo and Stoptech components

Check your VIN to see if your car was previously damaged

Crank Pulley part numbers & weights

Custom Side Feed Fuel rails for larger injectors

DBA Rotor Numbers

Gauges sources

Half moon head seals

How to Use 2006+ Subaru Internal Trouble Code Reader

Legacy gt sedan upper plastic coolant reservoir w/cap good used oem

LGT OE Power Steering Oil Cooler P/N

Link to Vacation Pics

Maintenance thread and also great end links

Metric fasteners/plastic clips too

OE SpecB replacement carpet P/N

OE Subaru turbo oil drain pipe gasket P/N

Oil analysis sources

Part Numbers with Names

Radiator

Re-centering Waste Gate Flap Valve

Replacement plug ends for cylinder coil packs

Replacement undertray oil filter access cover

Sources for used engines

STRONG Allen Socket for Cam Bolts

Subaru Factory Gear Ratios for Reference

Subaru OE complete engine gasket set

Subaru Valve Spring Compressor tools

Supercharger option for 2.5i

Timing Gear

Tons of good information on common issues here

Top Feed Fuel Injector Harness plugs

Tuning sources

Very nice front lip/chin spoilers for CHEAP $$$

Water Pump

Wheel adapters 5x100 to 5x114.3

Wireless OBDII Gateway Link

Turbo Powertrains

Re-centering Waste Gate Flap Valve

Tuning

Wireless OBDII Gateway Link

Tuning sources

NA Powertrains

2.5 N/A Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Intake and Exhaust

Timing Gear

Top Feed Fuel Injector Harness plugs

Replacement plug ends for cylinder coil packs

Transmissions

Suspension / Brakes

DBA Rotor Numbers

Brembo and Stoptech components

LGT OE Power Steering Oil Cooler P/N

Wheels / Tires

Wheel adapters 5x100 to 5x114.3

Cooling/Heating

Radiator

Legacy gt sedan upper plastic coolant reservoir w/cap good used oem

Water Pump

Interior / Audio

Add bluetooth to your factory radio

Gauges sources

Exterior / Asthetic

Very nice front lip/chin spoilers for CHEAP $$$

Common Issues/Reliability Mods

Tons of good information on common issues here

BarManBean's list of "Reliability Modifications"

Maintenance thread and also great end links

Tools / Misc parts

STRONG Allen Socket for Cam Bolts

Subaru Valve Spring Compressor tools

Metric fasteners/plastic clips too

Part Numbers with Names

Link to Vacation Pics

Edited by boxkita
copy index for first 4 pages

• Moderators
Post all this junk here and then someone can turn it into a spreadsheet and host it on googledocs. Maybe me :lol: Won't have time if I have to search for everything, but if all the links are here I should be able to dig through and compile stuff.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Post all this junk here and then someone can turn it into a spreadsheet and host it on googledocs. Maybe me :lol: Won't have time if I have to search for everything, but if all the links are here I should be able to dig through and compile stuff.

It will make a search MUCH easier though if there are titles on each of the posts. At least could direct noobs or just people not knowing to this thread and they can find it themselves. :)

I like this idea lot, a hot link thread with common replacement parts . Maybe even a thread for items for sale that are not list on the forums, ie facebook Subaru groups, local craigslist etc. I like the thought of a no association sale thread.

Maybe, if it's possible, we could talk SBT into removing the non-link posts down the road to keep it as pure as possible? ;)

Post at the beginning to NOT post anything except links on this once the thread is pretty well established.

Cmon guys, I see a TON of different links posted every day for everything from P/S o-rings to clips to HID setups to lugnuts. Post them babies up. :)

Vendors, please feel free to PM me with your own links for any of the parts that you see listed in the thread and I'll edit my own post and insert your links too or post your own with problem solving parts. PLEASE don't forget to title the post as this will really help with search.

• 2 weeks later...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4702655&postcount=21637

A little over a week ago on my drive home from work. My temp. gauge was running just below the red. AP read between 237F-248F. Other then that, the car was running great. With -30 wind chill & about 20 miles from home. I kept driving.

When I got home I let the car idle with fans blowing on it to let it cool slowly. Surprisingly the engine bay didn't feel that hot. I was able to put my hands on the upper & lower rad. hoses. They wasn't hot at all.

After eliminating water pump, head gaskets & leaks. The only signs where the coolant was going, was out the overflow tank discharge hose & turbo coolant tank was almost empty. When I remove the cap, the turbo coolant tank was under negative pressure after motor as cooled down.

I search ALLDATA , Technical Service Bulletins. I found this;

Cooling System - Coolant Comes Out Of Reservoir

NUMBER: 08-52-08

DATE: 08/18/08

APPLICABILITY:

1999MY and later Impreza & Forester

2000MY and later Legacy & Outback

2006MY and later Tribeca SUBJECT: Coolant Overflow

Replaced the turbo coolant tank cap & radiator cap with new one, problem solved.