LegacyGT.com

Subaru R1

PhilT

If it will hasten Subaru's advent of the >$100k Twin Turbo Flat-6 AWD street car, then, BRING IT ON!!!

And Subaru Global or SOA is reading this... look for my screen name on these forums. I've got plenty of ideas... PM me with any questions or product planning job offers!

Give me a job with decent pay and watch how fast my plans change from planning for to actually buying your products :D Hopefully with my plans, others would start buying too!

HEY! no cutting in line...I'm want to get in too! I used to live by the Subie office here...I'd drive by and see if there were any goodies outside. I also drooled over a green SVX that was there...mmmmmhmmmm...the joy of SVX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HEY! no cutting in line...I'm want to get in too! I used to live by the Subie office here...I'd drive by and see if there were any goodies outside. I also drooled over a green SVX that was there...mmmmmhmmmm...the joy of SVX

See, that's one of my ideas... bring back a new SVX spin-off of the Legacy GT/STi sedan. Something a little less "alien" and a little more agressive, and something that doesn't look quite so dated. (SVXs now look their age, even due to the design that looked quite futuristic at the time.)

Don't get me wrong, I think the SVX looks awesome. It just sometimes reminds me of a two-door sporty-ish offspring of an early-90's Mercury Sable. It is kinda like looking at yester-year's vision of the future, which the present-day has already gone past.

A new SVX should be perhaps more technically advanced, perhaps a little less aesthetic envelope-pushing, and more handsomely agressive like the Legacy GT (especially the JDM/ROW version.)

-- on the topic of the R1

I figure if I end up someday getting a twin-turbo 400hp Legacy sedan, I am gonna have to keep it at home. It will be vulnerable to hail and theft if I park it at work, and the gas mileage won't be that great.

An R1 in the next garage stall might be a necessity for the daily slog, and the 400hp legacy for the weekend, special occaision, and for when you've got to decimate every other car on your particular section of road, accept no substitute.

SOA could sell em as a package deal... Buy em' both for an even ~$46k. The 400hp hammer, and the commuter for the everyday mundane stuff, color matched, even. :D

Archived