LegacyGT.com

Power steering pump replacement for 05-09

A few things that might be helpful:

1. One of the three bolts that hold the bracket to the engine block (the green one in photo #2 in post #20) is completely invisible - you can't see it from anywhere, you just have to feel for it, a few inches to the left of the other bolts in that photo.

2. The fit is very snug on the long bolt that connects the pump-proper to the bracket. Sounds like @MaxCapacity took a cutting blade to the bushing in the bracket there; you don't need to do that, it can be pushed a little, using a c-clamp and a socket, to give more clearance. (There's also something in a version of the manual I saw about a bunch of stacked sizes, 14mm, 21mm and such; I didn't see anything like that, but it sounds like it was where this adjustable bushing is).

3. In addition to three bolts that hold the bracket to the block, you need to remove the lock bolt for the alternator belt-tension adjuster.

4. You need to move (from old pump to new one) the little bracket that attaches to the pump and holds the end of the belt cover. You can move it after the new pump is installed, but it's harder. Belt cover didn't quite ft right, had to file out the opening where a rubber bushing goes a little.

Edited by RustyShackleford

A few things that might be helpful:

1. One of the three bolts that hold the bracket to the engine block (the green one in photo #2 in post #20) is completely invisible - you can't see it from anywhere, you just have to feel for it, a few inches to the left of the other bolts in that photo.

The nice thing though is that it's the only other bolt in the vicinity is a 10mm timing cover bolt, so you'll find it after a few stabs, lol

4. You need to move (from old pump to new one) the little bracket that attaches to the pump and holds the end of the belt cover. You can move it after the new pump is installed, but it's harder. Belt cover didn't quite ft right, had to file out the opening where a rubber bushing goes a little.

I just did this twice, cause the first pump didn't work, I left the 10mm bolt that held that bracket loose til the end so I could fit the belt cover.

Also, I do not recommend CARDONE. The first pump may as well not have had any gears inside of it, and the body leaked.

I just did this twice, cause the first pump didn't work ...

I hope I'm not doing it again. I've got serious stuttering at low speed. Hopeful I just haven't gotten all the air out yet.

I left the 10mm bolt that held that bracket loose til the end so I could fit the belt cover.

I still had to file it some.

Also, I do not recommend CARDONE. The first pump may as well not have had any gears inside of it, and the body leaked.

I used the Evergreen one (Amazon) that some people here have had luck with.