LegacyGT.com

DIY Starter Repair. How-to: Remove, Disassemble, Grease, Reinstall (w/pics)

Ok It's been 25 minutes since I went out to the shed, took the starter apart, took pictures, assembled the starter, downloaded the photos to photobucket.

Hint, make sure you reassemble the plunger in picture 4 correctly.

I'm loving max and all the detailed pictures he's provided to the forum. I'm in the process of regreasing my aftermarket denso starter, and pulled that little motor part off, and I wasn't sure how to put it back together. The attached picture from him shows how it goes perfectly, thanks!

starter.jpg.ff2593c47331965041e033b0089c9cf5.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks,

Do you know its good to check the start you just rebuilt by putting the jumper cables on it and making sure it works...

Better to know now than after its installed... It doesn't move much when it get's power.

Negative cable to the case flange, just touch the positive to either of the contacts. I hope you realize the other ends of the jumper cables go to the battery. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 year later...

FWIW, I'll post this here in case someone needs it.

Starter and ALT, and parts there of.

https://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/subaru.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here