LegacyGT.com

can anyone recommend a tuner in the east bay?

zanzabar

i am looking to do and STI turbo swap and need a tuner, i am not having any luck finding a reasonable one who is local. every time i find a tuning shop they all use the same guy from SD and you have to reserve a spot like 6 months in advance and use only ECUtek.

Have you tried Ed Sussman up at Equilibrium Tuning in Fairfield? I don't have any personal experience with him but I am going to use him to do dyno pulls to get a stock baseline before I start modding the engine. Apparently he is pretty popular with the Sacramento area Subaru crowd.

travis at snail in sac!!! He tuned my car when ED at EQ Could not! very happy with Travis! ED does not understand Legacys is my belief. i had a very bad exsperiance with Ed when he was tuning my car he GAVE UP After 13 dyno runs and the first sign of fuel cut ED Basically said that he did NOT know what was wrong with it and still made me pay for a unfinished fuel cut tune. Sorry for the rant but IMO Travis at snail did wonders with my car.

^^Wow, thanks man!! I think I will call Snail and forget the EQ thing.

I want to do a base dyno run with just my axle backs and the stock tune, then flash Cobb OTS stage1 and do another few pulls. Eventually I will protune when I get the new AVO TMIC and Nameless Divorced DP, but that will be in about a year and half when the powertrain warranty is up.

I had my car tuned by Ed twice & had no problems. IMO I like the way he tuned my car. my car runs really good & fun to drive. I was planning to go back to him once I get my 20g in. I haven't gone to Travis so I can't say anything about that but wouldn't mind trying to get my car retuned by him to see the difference.

I spoke with Travis and he has done a few 5th Gen LGT's, so he is my go-to over Ed simply because Ed hasn't done one and when I talked to him he was kinda cavalier about the fact that he could. Even after I tried to explain to him some of the unusual mapping logic that the 5th Gen ECM utilizes, he still shrugged it off as petty, so not going to chance it. I will stick with someone that knows my car already. I am sure Ed can do a fine job, but it was nice talking to a tuner that was familiar with my platform and could reiterate things that have been discussed by other tuners and owners here in the 5th Gen sections of the forum.

Yeah I recommend Snail Performance/Travis and FW Motorsports also. Once I get around to installing my downpipe and spark plugs I plan to make an appointment with them. I've talked to Travis at length about what I want in a tune and he was understanding and knew exactly what I was looking for.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• 3 weeks later...

Was up to visit Travis and flash Stage1 this past Monday. Great shop and great guys!! Travis could have talked cars all day and for sure knew his craft well. I will be paying him another visit for a custom tune when I go Stage2.

Thanks guys!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1tfFDfSc4]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1tfFDfSc4[/ame]

I posted my appointment time in the what did you do to your 5th Gen thread, but I guess you don't subscribe to that. Lol! Bummer! Would have been nice to meet you! Ill be up your way for a thursday nite meet this spring for sure. You really didn't miss much tho. We did 2 pulls stock, and 2 pulls after flashing stage 1, everything looked good on the logs, so no "tuning" to speak of.

Archived