LegacyGT.com

muffler opinions

I asked the guy at the muffler shop and he said the glass packs were known to break apart and blow out all the insulation and sound terrible after a few weeks.

After a few weeks it should still be covered by a warranty.....

After a few weeks it should start sounding better as it"breaks in"

He makes it sound like a problematic issue with the design... It does not happen nearly as much as he made it seem. I'd of gone with a short glass pack.

I ended up going fart can style. I asked the guy at the muffler shop and he said the glass packs were known to break apart and blow out all the insulation and sound terrible after a few weeks.

That's a good one. You gotta love a shop that can sling crap like that with a straight face.

I've got a set of header mounted cherry bombs on a 1971 El Camino with a 350. They have been on there for going on 20 years. I've broken two sets of headers from dragging those cherry bombs over speed bumps and hitting them on the ground. They are dinged up and flattened on the bottom, but they are still on there, and have never shown any signs of "breaking apart or blowing out the insulation."

I can only imagine that the cost to have what he recommended was more than the cost of what you wanted to do. It's all about the upsale. On the slight chance that wasn't the case, he must be selling some super inferior, super crappy, imitation glass packs that he hasn't had any luck with.

That's a good one. You gotta love a shop that can sling crap like that with a straight face.

I've got a set of header mounted cherry bombs on a 1971 El Camino with a 350. They have been on there for going on 20 years. I've broken two sets of headers from dragging those cherry bombs over speed bumps and hitting them on the ground. They are dinged up and flattened on the bottom, but they are still on there, and have never shown any signs of "breaking apart or blowing out the insulation."

I can only imagine that the cost to have what he recommended was more than the cost of what you wanted to do. It's all about the upsale. On the slight chance that wasn't the case, he must be selling some super inferior, super crappy, imitation glass packs that he hasn't had any luck with.

he must of been selling cheaper glass packs, I already had this muffler my buddy gave it to me cause he wasnt going to be using it, so the muffler shop didnt get any money off me for the muffler

i dont hate the twin loop sound, i like it more than i like the vibrant sound. at least in the video clips above, i do. i do like the vibrant ones, but they sound too... muffled? i do like a bit of high note to my exhaust. but im still debating putting a cherry bomb vortex on my car, so im probably just a bit off already.

the vortex isnt a glasspack, heres a clip of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JekGESftco]Cherry Bomb muffler on Subaru STi - Sound Clip - YouTube[/ame]

i dont hate the twin loop sound, i like it more than i like the vibrant sound. at least in the video clips above, i do. i do like the vibrant ones, but they sound too... muffled?

depending on the length of the resonator, the pitch will vary a bit with the vibrant.. the vids i took of my 1046 were potato quality, def. didnt do it justice

I think that Vibrant Streetpower mufflers sound better than most other options out there, regardless of application, and I've heard them on a pretty wide range of different cars and configurations.
I could suck start a snow blower.

Archived