LegacyGT.com

cobb accessport question

I'm looking to keep my newly purchased LGT in the best shape possible. My car has an unknown tune on it in addition to other mods. I was wondering if a cobb accessport would help if in the case that this tune might be dangerous.

Also, if I plug in the AP and click it to stock will it go to stock or go back to the original tune on the car? If I tune back to stock and sell the AP will it still be considered "married"?

Thanks--coming from an IS300 which used a closed-loop ecu so no experience with this

Hello there,

What modifications are currently on the car? The access port has preloaded maps for stage 1 and stage 2 parts.

Do you have reason to think your current opensource tune is unsafe? You can flash the stock map back on via opensource if your just wanting to "go back to stock"

The married stock mode is basically designed to leave the AP software installed but mimic the factory tune. When the AP is uninstalled from the car it flashes a stock ROM *not your tuned ROM* back on to the car.

Hope that helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Awesome! I'd just feel more comfortable with a cobb tune than an unknown one. So if I grab an AP, go stage 1 or 2 then uninstall software later I should have the stock legacy tune? thanks so much

car has:

aftermarket turbo & tune (unknown)--spools with the slightest touch of the throttle

SPT intake

greddy evo2 catback

--I have a decatted oem uppipe I plan to throw on there soon...

The stock, stage 1 and stage 2 tunes are NOT going to work if you have a upgraded turbo. You will need a custom Dynotune/Roadtune or etune.

Keep in mind your car may be running great on the current tune from the sounds of it. Do you have any issues now?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

It "flutters" a lot and is always boosting which I figure is not always best. Is there a way to upload the tune that's on there currently to an AP and save it?? Sorry if that's a stupid question--zero tuning experience here like I said

IMHO you would be better served getting a VAG-COM or Tactrix cable, install the Romraider tools on a laptop, and pay for a custom e-tune (still less than the AP if you have a laptop to use). That, or if budget allows you could get an AP, but you need to get the custom tune for the aftermarket turbo.

Dave (cryo) is a great tuner to work with and I highly recommend his services, which are inexpensive given his knowledge and tenacity to get it done right.

It "flutters" a lot and is always boosting which I figure is not always best. Is there a way to upload the tune that's on there currently to an AP and save it?? Sorry if that's a stupid question--zero tuning experience here like I said

What do you mean/how do you know it's always boosting?

Turbochargers work by routing exhaust gas through one side of the turbo, which spines a tubine, which is on a shaft, which spins the turbine on the other side of the turbo, which compresses the air feeding the engine.

Without enough exhaust gas flow, the turbo won't be spinning fast and won't be boosting. A tune can't just make the turbo spin...

What do you mean/how do you know it's always boosting?

Turbochargers work by routing exhaust gas through one side of the turbo, which spines a tubine, which is on a shaft, which spins the turbine on the other side of the turbo, which compresses the air feeding the engine.

Without enough exhaust gas flow, the turbo won't be spinning fast and won't be boosting. A tune can't just make the turbo spin...

When I had a stock LGT, there was no turbo spool under half throttle around 2k. The LGT I have now spools in that same situation. The power delivery is also more aggressive.

Archived