LegacyGT.com

2006 Outback SpecB 3.0R...

dan04103

I have 17x7 225/45, and the first car I saw was also on 17s, not sure the tire size though.

I wonder if it sits lower or just looks lower because it has larger tires on it.

The stock tire size is 225/55/17. You're using a smaller size tire. So your car will be lower to the ground, but, the wheel wells won't be filled as much due to the smaller size.

Logically the Koni's shouldn't drop the car anymore with the same struts (don't know if that's really the case though)

I wonder if it sits lower or just looks lower because it has larger tires on it.

The stock tire size is 225/55/17. You're using a smaller size tire. So your car will be lower to the ground, but, the wheel wells won't be filled as much due to the smaller size.

Logically the Koni's shouldn't drop the car anymore with the same struts (don't know if that's really the case though)

I agree. Comparing a 225/45/17 to a 225/45/18 there is about an inch diameter difference.

tabPRO8.4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
So no spacers in the rear suspension? I want to upgrade my 05 Bean's suspension cause it doesn't handle mountain driving the greatest. You're the first one that I've found with the 3.0 wagon at a good height. Car looks great!

Archived