LegacyGT.com

Great Backyard Mechanic in NYC!

aziankingz

Hi All,

Just want to put this here for those who are in the NYC area that might need some mechanic work or new shortblock/long block.

Backstory: I bought my LGT a few months ago and right off the bat I was having problems with it - knocking under acceleration, P0011/P0021 codes, oil light flickering, etc. Spent a couple of thousand (timing belt kit plus install at AZP, A/C, oil pickup, list goes on) to try to fix the problem along with many other with the car, I decided to try and sell the car on craigslist without success. While on craigslist I stumbled upon a person selling a rebuilt LGT/Forester longblock in Springfield gardens.

I was skeptical as anyone would be dealing with a stranger with your car along with that amount of money. I bit the bullet and gave him a shot. When I met with him, he was very friendly and introduced me to his wife, who owns an STI track car and an LGT. He showed me his LGT and Forester and told me a little about it. So we negotiated and the deal was very hard to turn down - almost too good to be true, but this is how he makes his living. I checked out the heads he just rebuilt for the long block and it was fresh and new! He showed me the short block that he was going to use and it looked clean. I provided him with forged pistons and eagle rods and he was happy to install them for me. The deal we negotiated was that I buy his long block (which was priced very reasonably - I see short blocks go for more) and would install it for me for free if I leave him with my damaged long block.

After a week, I am back with my LGT and it runs and sounds amazing! There were many bumps in the road with my LGT - he discovered that the timing jumped a tooth, he changed out my cam gear bc the bolt was seized, put in timing belt guards (mine were missing) and replaced my oil pan with a spare one he had (previous owner dented the crap out of it). Sorry for the long post.

He hasnt had time to open up my block, but so far the cams were scored badly along with the crank!

Thread for reference of my issues: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208560&highlight=engine+noise

and

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212864&highlight=check

[url=http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208560&highlight=engine+noise][/url]

Edited by aziankingz

Just wanna let everyone know that this guy specializes in engines and rebuilding them. He also has a few EJ255 and EJ257 short blocks and long blocks that he is selling and if weather still nice, he will also install it for you for the price of your long block. He also has a lot of STI parts too.

Just wanna let everyone know that this guy specializes in engines and rebuilding them. He also has a few EJ255 and EJ257 short blocks and long blocks that he is selling and if weather still nice, he will also install it for you for the price of your long block. He also has a lot of STI parts too.

Where is your guy located in NYC? And what's his contact info?

I may need some suspension work soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...