LegacyGT.com

VAG-COM cables chipsets FT232RL CH340

Evnldr

If it says the chipset is FT232BL, you should have a shot. If you do decide to try it, let us know if it works. Even better, open up the cable and post some pictures so we can compare it to my own FT232BL internals. Good luck!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did open it to look at the board, there's almost nothing on it haha

I couldn't get the ch340 to work

I took a few pics when I opened it... but deleted them before posting. I'll do it tomorrow when I have it

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
If it says the chipset is FT232BL, you should have a shot. If you do decide to try it, let us know if it works. Even better, open up the cable and post some pictures so we can compare it to my own FT232BL internals. Good luck!

I ordered what was supposed to be the FT232BL but once i got it it was the CH340

I ordered what was supposed to be the FT232BL but once i got it it was the CH340
From ebay? Tell the seller you want your money back, including the cost of return shipping. They'll probably tell you to mail it back but they won't foot the cost of shipping.

If they refuse or claim they can't do that, file a dispute with Ebay, and explain to them that the cable you purchased is NOT what was described in the Ebay listing and as such, the seller should refund the cost of shipping too since their listing was done incorrectly. The cable probably only cost you like $10 or so and it makes no sense for you to spend over 20% of the cost of the cable to mail it back to the seller because the seller mislead you.

Ebay will most likely side with you, or just give you the full cost of the item back out of their own expense, and you'll still get to keep the cable.

This happened the last time I bought an item from a seller and I specifically asked them for a date of manufacturer (cell phone battery) and they told me Sept. 2012 but when it arrived it was Nov. 2011.

From ebay? Tell the seller you want your money back, including the cost of return shipping. They'll probably tell you to mail it back but they won't foot the cost of shipping.

If they refuse or claim they can't do that, file a dispute with Ebay, and explain to them that the cable you purchased is NOT what was described in the Ebay listing and as such, the seller should refund the cost of shipping too since their listing was done incorrectly. The cable probably only cost you like $10 or so and it makes no sense for you to spend over 20% of the cost of the cable to mail it back to the seller because the seller mislead you.

Ebay will most likely side with you, or just give you the full cost of the item back out of their own expense, and you'll still get to keep the cable.

This happened the last time I bought an item from a seller and I specifically asked them for a date of manufacturer (cell phone battery) and they told me Sept. 2012 but when it arrived it was Nov. 2011.

Yep it was a seller on ebay in NJ, so shipping was quick. Will take your advice on this.

Here's my ch340

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/azyhy4e8.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/u8ateju4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/rezaqype.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/y9y9yne9.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought mine before I saw this thread so I screwed myself over because it was a vague posting.

Yours you might be able to fight because it's not the product that was advertised you'll have to check the description: to be sure though I found that one out the hard way long ago

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In reply to iNVAR's query:

My new VAG-COM cheap cable looks like amp1's.

Purchased from Amazon:

VAG-COM KKL 409.1 USB Interface diagnostic cable for AUDI & Volkswagen - OBD2 / OBDII

$8.56

Sold by Dragonhorsellc

Condition: New

Running in a virtual Win2K machine under Parallels on MBPs. I've installed it on two laptops. I had to reboot each VM before the drivers were recognized.

What's the inside look like though? The chipset is what I'm concerned with. All the cables look the same from the outside. :(

My internals mirrored root beers when I took a look inside, we have the exact same cable. The seller just refunded my 9.99 too! I wonder is it worth it to try again.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i searched on this forums and pretty much all over the websites...

No one has the EXACT link to where we can buy this 10-15$ cable that is -

VAG-COM cable with CHIPSET: FT232BL

as i understand this chip is the only one working with Romrider and EXUflash for READING and FLASHING.

If anyone knows anything specific about where we can get this please help us out here.

i have 2005 legacy b4 3.0 and want to mess it up a bit)

p.s if someone didnt know - people used Ferrite cores and 0.01 capacitors with this cheap cable that seemed to work, also ebay and other websites that sell this say its a FT232BL chip, but do not really believe that. one way to find out is to look inside at the chip.

whatever whatever ....

George

Yep. I've got the wrong one as well. the chip says "FT232RL" (that's mine in the pic). That one works with LV only.

I just ordered this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-VW-Audi-Interface-Scan-Tool-Code-Reader-Cable-VCDS-409-1-FT232BL-OBD2-OBDII-/400440557951?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item5d3c1e017f&vxp=mtr

and if it comes as advertised, it is the FT232BL.

I found this by searching for 'VW Audi Interface Scan Tool Code Reader Cable VCDS 409.1 FT232BL OBD2 OBDII' as mentioned earlier.

I will update when I receive it middle of next week.

160251811_AmazonOBDIIcable.jpg.4dcd6e39ce274c02253a8716ed55f5be.jpg

Yep. I've got the wrong one as well. the chip says "FT232RL" (that's mine in the pic). That one works with LV only.

I just ordered this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-VW-Audi-Interface-Scan-Tool-Code-Reader-Cable-VCDS-409-1-FT232BL-OBD2-OBDII-/400440557951?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item5d3c1e017f&vxp=mtr

and if it comes as advertised, it is the FT232BL.

I will update when I receive it middle of next week.

i also found that one and later contacted them,,, this is their reply :D pretty funny one

Thank you for contacting us.

Really sorry.Since our salesman is on business and the problem is serious, could you inquiry 7th,Feb?

Hope you can understand and wait patiently.

If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and let us know.

Best regards,

hi-autopia customer care

------------------------- i will wait for you to get back with the news, really hope its BL

I have been emailing back and forth with Autopia for two weeks, theirs is misadvertised as a BL. they refunded my money but I am trying to force them to change the listing in exchange for upgrading my negative feedback to neutral. Every email correspondence has been exactly like the one above.

Holy shit ... I actually found the seller from whom I ordered my cable years ago. I am in the habit of saving in favorites the sellers I had good transactions with.

http://myworld.ebay.com/smooth-dealer/

So it looks like he no longer carries those cables. It would be worth one of you guys contacting him and asking him where he sourced them.

Archived