LegacyGT.com

Wolfies Build

• 1 month later...

Hey Rester, all,

I just blew my 500hp rated motor using a SS 7163 - I guess I was making more on e85.

Now rebuilding the motor and plan to switch to a TS 7163.

Any recommendations about supporting mods, motor build etc?

Cheers!

-I

ps: you should consider using a WPC shot pinning process for your LSD and other transmission gears...

• 10 months later...

Well, since she has been back on the road for a while now I figured it was time to update this thread :lol:. After almost 3yrs Wolfie lives :eek:...

She put down 412 hp and 380 ft/lb @ 24psi tapering to 22 on pump 93 on a mustang dyno. Even the tuner was surprised by the results. This is with stock exhaust manifold and catback :lol:.

I added pics and parts to the first post.

• 1 year later...

FYI:

A quick update on my 7163 TS 5EAT build:

Paul@Yimi welded new big mufflers on the car - its now near stock quiet -

just a "giant sucking sounds from the intake tract",

no embarrassing noises to attract unwanted attention.

Making 50+% more than STI stage II, and mind you it is an Automatic 5EAT

I am guesstimating ~550+hp at the crank on corn

and near stock - like spool - it's a twin scroll afterall

My one-of-a-kind custom made (thanks Dave@Hexmods!) 5EAT with a F1 VB is holding, so far.

I got temp sensors on the input and exit of the 5EAT to monitor its temp and the efficacy of the auxillary tranny cooler loop.

A perfect sleeper DD - exactly what I was after

(I'll update more after some time in the car...)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nothing major. We switched to ss o-rings and copper hg, had the 14mm headstuds installed, the last shop left out those minor details and used standard arp studs lol... Had the wire harness for the rotated im redone with insulated wire too.

I think they should have the car running and perform the shakedown next week. It’s probably going to need a new tune, the shop is going to install a delicious etune for break in. I’ll see what the old tune looks like at some point.

It looks like your car is blast to drive right now! You are putting down some solid number!

Archived