LegacyGT.com

Finally got my OBXT!

INVNO1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Feels pretty good. The big turbo is a bit laggy compared to my old vf52 but that's to be expected. I do have the blast plates in. Trans s3ems to go into gear a lot easier when getting on it now. My issue right now is that real world driving vs sitting on the dyno I am dealing with some over boosting problems right now. Working on that today.

• 1 month later...

Quite a few updates on the since my last post. I wasn't real happy with the way the dyno tune was set up so I got ahold of Corbin Johnson for an e85 etune. After just the first datalog we found I had a fuel pressure issue where the previous tuner had my base fuel pressure set to 64psi. Huh....... I wonder why it kept stalling out? Lol!! From there I put my snow tires/powder coated stock wheels back on the car and started more datalogging. I hurt my back the first week of December and was out for the rest of the month so the car just sat there. I was amazed that on New Years eve I went out just to see if the car would start after sitting for almost a full month and it started right up!! I have cold started, with e85, now over 20 times with the coolant temps in the single digits through teens *F, and IATs around the same. No issues! I had been told many times, by other tuners, that this couldn't be done without "many hours of cold start tuning".

I am now running into the issue with my fuel pump control module not supplying enough voltage to my pump. I have ordered the STI fpcm part #22750AA010 and will be adding a relay and direct power from the battery as well. I will also be upgrading the power wire from the alternator and also adding the 6a diode trick to the alternator as well.

Awesome car. Hey, how have the Feal coilovers worked out for you? I saw the initial post you did about them that devolved into a bunch of hate. I notice they are doing a "max travel 441" which might be an option for those OB owners wanting less drop if they would be willing to make it in a LGT or OB configuration.

Awesome car. Hey, how have the Feal coilovers worked out for you? I saw the initial post you did about them that devolved into a bunch of hate. I notice they are doing a "max travel 441" which might be an option for those OB owners wanting less drop if they would be willing to make it in a LGT or OB configuration.

They are doing great! I was concerned that they would be pretty harsh for any type of daily use, but they are very nice to ride on. I have the dampers turned down for daily driving, but turned them up when we went to Gingerman Raceway. They performed excellent there too! I would most definitely go with them again if I ever needed another set for this car or another.

Archived