LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX Possibly in Subaru Video

tomskib

Was watching some subaru video's on youtube when the digital model looked familiar but never seen in real life. I know the video is older but could this be a slip up or a tell tell of the concept wrx for 2015?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLdnGFGhPyk][sUBARU] FB engine -The 3rd Generation SUBARU BOXER - YouTube[/ame]

check out 1:10.

this is proof that the FB motor has the new design "pork chop" connecting rods.
Because the service manual for the Legacy and Forester (FB) and BRZ (FA) weren't conclusive enough?

As far as computer renders in a video go, I wouldn't consider them a definitive proof of anything (car design, engine internals, etc.) - go with the service manuals, which show the porkchops for both engines. (unless the concern was that they were going to change when they turbocharged the FA or FB, in which case we still don't know that unless someone has the manual for the 2014 FXT and can take a look.

Yep, exactly what ItalianLegacy was getting on in a 5th gen thread.

I don't see why not, especially with low/soft (5-8 psi) boost levels.

The compression ratio on the 3.6R is a big high but not high enough (see new Mazda 3 or 6, lol) that the engine can't be boosted.

With direct injection boost limit isn't a primary problem. At least when you run a diesel! :p

453747.png

Archived