LegacyGT.com

Good information to know

JmP6889928

Here is a link that everyone that owns a Subaru should go to. There is a lot of information that maybe we didn't know about warranties that are put forth by Subaru. When you look at the second page, you'll notice that this was updated in March of 2013 so this is the most current information available.

I hope this could possibly help out anyone that's having issues that COULD be covered under a warranty so examine this closely and keep the link for yourself as it will most likely come in handy. Especially take a look at the Federal Emissions Extended Defect Warranty-believe it or not, your ECM is covered under this warranty as it's part of the emissions controls so if your car is 2006 or newer with less than 80K on it and you've been having issues with ECM (read "EXPENSIVE") repairs, then get on the phone to SOA and chew their ass.

http://sltg.subarunet.com/static/pdf...e_Material.pdf

This link shows every single recall that has been issued by SOA and if your car is on the list and you haven't received the recall, then again, get on the phone can chew their ass. Some of these recalls are for expensive failures so if you fall under the recall, do what you need to do and have them foot the bill.

http://www.cars101.com/recalls.html

I hope these help everyone out. My brother's 2009 OB just had an ECM failure with 67K on it and he was looking at about $1600 to fix it and his tech (who used to work as a Subaru regional rep and also tech) told him that it has an extended warranty to 80K. He's taking the car to Subaru today and going to have it repaired under warranty even though he's past the 60K, so it won't cost him anything.

He found these links and forwarded them to me to share with everyone. If someone has already posted these in the past, please forgive me for re-posting them but you can never have too much of this kind of information, especially if you drive a Subaru.

I have them posted in the model specific forums too, just in case anyone notices them there so if I posted too many times or places, TOUGH...LOL

Archived