LegacyGT.com

Will BRZ wheels fit 5th gen Legacy?

Samets

Are the wheels 17x7? Do you have a 2.5i? Does that mean your OEM wheels are 16x6.5? Your speedometer might read slower than the speed you are actually going a little bit, but they should fit assuming I have the sizes right.

Your best bet is to use a wheel calculator to find out for sure:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

There's plenty of other ones if you don't like these.

Also, if you can, it wouldn't hurt to do a test fitment.

Yes, the wheels will fit. They will be inset from the fenders approximately the same as your OEM wheels. Make sure the tire size you run with them is the same overall diameter as your oem tires. Use the www.willtheyfit.com calculator.

• 1 month later...

These are 2013 Scion FRS wheels off of ebay (same as brz wheels), Michelin Primacy tires. I like the color of them but they look to small and sit in to far, they are about 1" smaller in diameter than the stock steelies that came on the car.

Cant decide if I should keep them and buy larger tires and spacers to move them out about an inch or go with a different set up.

rsz_wheel1.thumb.jpg.596e7153c31eadd7441c907671414ea9.jpg

rsz_wheel2.thumb.jpg.27b3014e8e425186aca397e57c0ea104.jpg

• 1 year later...
These are 2013 Scion FRS wheels off of ebay (same as brz wheels), Michelin Primacy tires. I like the color of them but they look too small and sit in too far, they are about 1" smaller in diameter than the stock steelies that came on the car.

This is the same setup I want to do on my car, but I admit they do look a tad small. But if you put the Legacy factory size tire specified for the 17-in. rims, it would look larger than the BRZ-size tire, wouldn't it?

The BRZ tire shown in the photo above is 215/45 R17, the Legacy tire is 215/50 R17

Everything got a bit bigger on the 5th gen, including the fenders/wheel wells -- IMO, you're better off with 18x8" or 18x8.5" + meatier tires (225-245+). Some may argue that even 18's are too small, and that 19's are a better fit on the 5th gens.

• 1 year later...

I just put these BRZ wheels on my graphite gray Legacy, and it looks pretty much like Oaklyman's photos posted earlier. I like them better than the 16-in. alloys they replaced, but I think the problem is the Legacy's recommended 215 50 R17 tires as used on the Limited and 3.6R trims. That's what I put on, and they still look a bit small. Since I bought Bridgestone Ecopias (last set I had was a very good snow handler), they have a 30-day buy/try guarantee. I think I might exercise that offer and go up to 215 55 R17s for more sidewall height. My speedometer with the new tires seems to read faster than I'm really going anyway, and I read elsewhere on the site that the 215 55 R17s makes the speedometer reading near perfect.

BTW, my 16-inch OEM alloys will be for sale if anyone wants a nice set for snow tires or an upgrade from steels. Posting those soon.

Archived