LegacyGT.com

AVO 245lt Fuel Pump Fitting Instructions Update

The thing I love about AVO instructions is,

"STOP AND THINK!":lol:

So true.

I had no trouble installing my AVO pump (as per Sean's instructions). I am sure this will help others get it right.

Thanks Ross.:)

Opps :redface: I will fix it Thanks for letting me know

Ross

Good instructions. But fuel pressure at idle should be 4 bar? That doesn't sound right - shouldn't it be 3 bar (43.5psi) minus idle vacuum due to the FPR?

• 3 months later...

Well I installed my AVO fuel pump last night and it was a piece of cake. If you follow the instructions AVO has posted on this forum as well as what comes in the box you will have no problems whatsoever.

Couple of things to note:

My AVO pump came with a new filter sock already installed. Some have had it and some havent. I would recommend making sure you have it so you can change it out.

The clip they send with the metal pins that needs to be soldered on MAY NOT be needed.

I looked at the factory plastic connector and it was the same as the AVO. The only difference is the size of the pins on the pump and hence the size of the pins in the factory wiring connector. The AVO pumps pins are smaller so the stock connector will slide right in and it seemed to be OK. I chose to change the pins and connector on my wiring but I believe it will hold just fine if you want to run it with the stock connector and pins.

If you take the stock pump and the AVO pump and set them on the ground with the O ringed nozzle down you will see the reason the 5 tabs need to be trimmed as shown in the instructions pictures. It is due to the metal housing on the pumps being different heights. You can measure the difference like I did and you will find it is 7/16'ths of an inch.

What I then did was mark this length on a small screwdriver and then insert it into the housing to mark each one of the tabs with a sharpie that exact distance down. This way I knew how much to remove since they dont tell you in the instructions. I then used a dremel with a stone bit and just shaved the ribs right down. I then squared them off even, with the end of the stone wheel so they were just like they were originally only shorter by 7/16'ths.

My pump then cliped right in snug with no issues at all.

To those hesitant to do this it really is a piece of cake (at least with the AVO pump) and I do not see any reason to spend $200 to have someone else do it for you.

If anyone has any questions or needs help just send a PM.

Archived