LegacyGT.com

4-Pot 2-pot

Rushin

Yeah, you'll increase some braking feel and stiffness such, but it won't stop you any better.

Unless you are set on monoblock calipers, I'd stick with ss lines, new rotors and upgraded pads. That's the best bang-for-your-buck performance upgrade.

You are correct Rushin...the LGT is only 2 pot in the front. And yes, 4pots are stronger because they squeeze from both sides and are fixed.

But, as nKoan pointed out, you WILL lose performance as the rotor is smaller. It won't take longer to brake, but you will heat up the pad and rotor MUCH quicker, thus inducing fade faster.

If you had a BD/BG LGT, then I'd say go for it.

You want 4pot/2pot? Go aftermarket. That means BBK and Bigger Bucks.

EDIT: If you want to stop in a shorter distance, get better tires. You want better feel in the brake pedal, do what nKoan mentioned about SS Braided Lines, pads, rotors and MAYBE step up the brake fluid. I went ATE Super Racing Blue with my pad and SS line upgrade.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

It isn't about 2-pot vs. 4-pot in relation to how powerful the brakes are, but rather piston size that determines thier effectiveness. A sliding 2-pot will offer the same power of a 4-pot set-up with the same size pistons.

This topic has been beaten to death. Search is your friend.

Archived