LegacyGT.com

Clear stain on wheels by lug nuts?

c-lo

anyone else have this? How to remove? elbow grease doesn't seem to do the trick
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I had it too. Like a yellowish stain? I sold mine before figuring out how to remove it, though I did try. Didn't want to use something that removed the stain and the clearcoat right while I was selling them.

thanks......................i'll try it.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I have it too and the lug nuts are sticky...it may be a wax that holds the lug nuts in the machine that bolts on the wheels at the factory.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

It's a wax protectant applied at the factory to prevent corrosion on the lug nuts and their seating area. As the wheels heat up it "melts" and runs out onto the wheels.

Goo Gone takes care of it very quickly.

It's a wax protectant applied at the factory to prevent corrosion on the lug nuts and their seating area. As the wheels heat up it "melts" and runs out onto the wheels.

Goo Gone takes care of it very quickly.

Ha, corrosion on the lug nuts:lol: Wonder why most of mine are rusted. Been that way since I picked up the car. Just had 3k oil change and waiting for new ones to come in. There going to replace them

goo gone isnt to harsh?? can i also use goo gone for the sticky stuff left by the warning signs on the sun shades?

Isn't Goo-Gone kind of oily? I would be inclined to try an upholstery cleaner on the visor first.

Weird- my nuts are fine and I cleaned that gunk off of them back when I first got the car.

Routine good hygene should prevent any sticky buildup, so you won't have to worry about using any harsh cleaners on your nuts. :D

Archived