LegacyGT.com

XM Radio Activation Codes

teamchambers

Greetings All,

I just purchased and installed the factory XM system on my 2007 Legacy GT wagon.

Because I'm a cheapskate, I did a search of the web and found the following XM coupon codes.

Free activation and free three month trial code: XMSCION03

(I used this code on my wife's Honda Pilot last month)

$77 per year annual renewal code: ZWINBACK

Phone Number: 1-800-682-4114

My strategy was to call and ask for a deal and then offer the above codes if required. My first call was to the phone number from the XM website. This led to multiple menus (press 1 for english...etc.) I hung up and dialed the number listed above. Within 15 seconds I was connected to an english speaking human. I told her I had recently purchased a new XM radio and understood that free activation and a free three month trial was available. She said sure and asked me for my radio ID number. She activated within 5 minutes, No credit card required , No Hassle, No problem. I NEVER ACTUALLY USED THE CODES LISTED ABOVE.

My plan is to use the ZWINBACK code after the free trial expires.

Much of what I found was from the ACURA forum, that post from the acura forum is below.

Before you read the post two more things:

1. Don't say "I found this on the internet" when you call

2. Please post your success or failure on this thread so others can know if this works (or not)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACURA FORUM POST

For all the boring details, use this link

(http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1359449#post1359449)

When you are about to expire, you will get a letter from XM telling you they are going to automatically renew you for (big bucks). Call them at the number in the letter, stop the renewal, and tell them you won't pay that much. That may end the conversation and it might not.

People whose subscription expires receive a flyer in the mail to win the former customers back to XM. They may offer you this $77 annual renewal or not. If they don't, just say no and hangup.

Then, after your subscription expires, call this phone number NOT THE ONE IN YOUR LETTER: 1-800-682-4114

"I am a former customer. My subscription expired. I received a promotional mailing for a $77 renewal and I would like to take advantage of it."

If they ask, the promotional code is "zwinback". If they ask for another code, they are asking for your radio code (also printed on the non-existent flyer which identifies YOUR radio so they can turn it back on). However, recently most members have not needed or used the "zwinback" code. It may be dated so only try it if pressed.

Just speak with confidence and don't deviate from "the script". And DON'T say that you got it off an Acura website- that it is being passed around. That will bring our little gift to a screeching halt.

Good luck. As you can read on the TL thread(s), we are batting 1000 for the people who stick to the instructions and about 80% for the ones who either can't read or can't comprehend and decided to wing it. LOL

Yup, worked for me as well. Actually, similar thing with the codes. When I called a few months ago, I just mentioned that I knew there was a promotion at that price point. I was going to say the code, then the rep cut me off and told me that she can get me the price. I had to pay for the whole year though, so it came to ~$80ish with tax iirc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hah, I pay $3.95/mo for XM. Here's what I did.

Signed up for the free 3 month trial that came with the car. I let it expire, amd I waited one month. At this point I was getting 2 emails, 2 phone calls, and 1 snail mail letter a week from XM sales trying to get me to renew. I called up XM, gave them my account information. They gave me a price quote at $12.95/mo. I told them that was too much and thanked them for their time. At this point the guy started haggling ... if I pay for 3 months its only $9.95/mo. I told him that was still too much and we ended the call. About a week later another rep called and offered me the low low special of $3.95/mo if I paid for a full year. Came to $47.40, and I took it. YMMV.

• 4 weeks later...
I got a refurb off Ebay. Got all the XM channels working right out of the box. Out of pocket montly expense $0. Xm can only send out a "kill" signal for so long, then it's free for the taking. Buy a refurn off Ebay. Chances are excellent that it had a signal going to it at one time or another. Note: this trick does NOT work with Sirius, unfortunately, as I like Sirius better.

• 1 month later...

I had to buy a new unit (one came in my car) b/c mine took a shit on me...:mad:

Terk (the MFG) would not do a damn thing about it...:mad:

So I called up XM and was disconnected....:mad:

So I called up again and talked with some guy from Virginia, he was the shit:icon_chee

I explained my past history, then told him that I had a friend who got the unit for $3.95/month. He told me he had no idea of any such offer. He then said that since I knew about the "deals" that the best thing he could do was to offer a 3 month subscription for 4.95/mo-and I accepted.

All in all, not a bad deal. I guess we'll see what happens in 3 months though...:iam:

• 7 months later...

Updating:

November 18, 2008.

My wife's subscription to XM was running out - it was a part of my Hanukkah gift to her last year, and I thought to continue it this year, too.

I called 1-800-347-0600, and pressed zero to be fast-tracked to an operator.

Gave him the ZWINBACK code (I told him, up-front, that I saw it online), and he asked me the terms of the code, to which I replied with "$77 per year," and he honored the code, no questions asked.

I'll verify this on my upcoming bank statement, but it seems to still work.

The last verification of this code working that I could surf-up online was on RetailMeNot, and the date of last entry appeared to be the beginning of October, of this year.

:D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 3 months later...

March 5th 2009.

Well time to renew the XM radio subscription.

I have two radios Wife's Honda Pilot and my Legacy GT wagon.

The Pilot's radio expired in January, the Subie expires in March.

In January I renewed the wife's car on the website for $6.95 per month ($84ish annual). I never actually paid the bill (just kinda forgot).

Anyway, I called the XM radio number on the website 1(800)967-2346 and told them I needed to cancel the service altogether. I stated that I enjoyed the service but that it was just to expensive right now.

IMPORTANT:

The first person (account services) offered me $12.95 per month, etc. I said no thanks to expensive, I need to cancel. Account services then sent me to the cancellation department.

The person in the cancellation department asked if I enjoyed the service and when I stated that indeed I did but it was just to expensive she offered me two choices $19.95 for 5 months per radio or $77 per year per radio. After I hesitated she cleared all pro-rated charges for my wife's radio (they were going to charge $20 bucks for Jan-Feb).

I chose two radio's at $77 per year per radio ... $154 total ... I know it was cheaper to go 5 months for $19.95 but I was tired of hassling with phone calls.

No promotion code ... No problem:)

I love the internet:p

• 1 year later...

Update,

Just called XM ...

Told them I wanted to cancel both radios (Wife's Pilot and My Legacy). Transfered to cancellation department, told them I really liked the service just to expensive. The lady immediately offered $23 for 5 months for both radios. She cancelled the current bill which was $39.42 and charged me an even $23 for 5 more months.

Truthfully, I really was going to cancel. My wife doesn't use it much and I have been using Pandora for the iphone. $23 was to good to pass up.

Good Luck

I know its off topic, but the same is true for the big cable tv providers.

Didn't get an offer when I cancelled my XM but in retrospect I think she was poised to offer a reduced rate. I guess my reason for cancelling being "low bit rate" was a call-ender :p

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived