LegacyGT.com

License plate LEDs

pathfin9

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I got them from www.autolumination.com. Not the greatest looking site, but the LEDs are pretty good quality. My brother-in-law recommended them to me. He uses them for his S4.

I just replaced them. Not too hard to do. Although, when I first saw how I would have to get access to the lights I was a little scared. But it turned out to be real easy.

It looks a lot better in person.

-John

I like, where you get them from?

Don't mind PhilT he is in Canadialand®!

:lol:

X

Yeah, that site doesnt have the best layout.

The ones I used are the SMT Tower II 194 in Super White.

Good luck!

I plan on doing some more LED stuff when I get a chance. I'll let you know how they all turn out.

-John

Looks much better, all of the luxury cars have gone LED License Plate lights... Could you provide a part number or something for that site, it's horrible trying to find anything on it.

• 5 weeks later...
I like the look, but I feel that these are just an excuse for a cop to pull you over...

As a cop, if I saw someone with lights that made their plate brighter and easier to read, I would definitely not pull them over for that.

Besides, see any of the new Lexus cars? They all have LED plate lights.

9 LED plate lights FTW!!

here it is on my Forester

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3993/mar190003ot4vf0.jpg

Old single LED on left 9 LED on the right

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3669/mar190001qs7iu2.jpg

yeah, I just checked with my wifes 07 GS350 and they don't iluminate the bumper and sides of license plate like above.

Lexus is more like the ones in the first post.

The bulbs for plate lights are angled outward on Legacys. That is why it does that.

I have these and love them. I get more people complementing these than I do the whole car. :lol:

There's no law against LED license plate lights anywhere in the U.S., as far as I know.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Dan- At least in VA, there is a law that equipment used on a vehicle must be approved by the superintendent.

§ 46.2-1002. Illegal possession or sale of certain unapproved equipment.

It shall be unlawful for any person to possess with intent to sell or offer for sale, either separately or as a part of the equipment of a motor vehicle, or to use or have as equipment on a motor vehicle operated on a highway any lighting device, warning device, signal device, safety glass, or other equipment for which approval is required by any provision of this chapter or any part or parts tending to change or alter the operation of such device, glass, or other equipment unless of a type that has been submitted to and approved by the Superintendent or meets or exceeds the standards and specifications of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American National Standards Institute, Incorporated or the federal Department of Transportation.

I'm sure that other states have similar laws. And then it would come down to proving that the lights aren't approved.

Archived