LegacyGT.com

Audio Level Changes by Itself

BMG905

Here's one I haven't seen posted before; sometimes my radio's volume level changes by itself while I'm driving, or at a stop.

This isn't just my perception of a change in volume but the setting of the unit will go up or down while I watch the display.

System voltage is OK, and it's only while the radio is in use not the CD. Hmmmmmm.

Anybody else seen this?:confused:

Mine started doing it last week 5 days after my warranty expired with 28,000 miles. The dealer told me to take a hike but I have escalated it directly to SOA and they claim they are contacting the service manager at my dealer. $60K on 2 Subies in less than 12 months. Needless to say I'm less than pleased.

OK, I'm glad to hear that it's not just me. Unhappy to hear that it's happening to other people too, I wonder how many times I've just fiddled with the knob if I'm driving and can't hear something. Hmmm.

So long story short, on top the Sttttutttter I get the volume CHanGing by itself. Oh joy.

IMHO I think the processor in the radio is VERY voltage sensitive.

I noticed mine would have this ghost with a heavy load on the electrical system (all lights, Defroster on, wipers on, hit the turn signal and whammo.... volume output changed).

Dealer looked at it and scratched his head. Could be several issues really.

Voltage sensitive circuity, Ground path issues, bad ground, corroded wire somewhere, etc.

Electronic ghosts that are intermittent are the biggest PITA.

Probably the best argument for building a muscle car or pre-electronic ignition car as a fun to drive, few headaches project.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

My radio did the same thing. Volume went up went right back down. Had my dealer replace it and the new unit did similar thing within the week after getting replaced. volume went up but didn't go down. I told the service rep this and he said to keep an eye out it and let him know and he would contact SOA about it. Hope it does it again soon.

Funny, my clock went up 2 hours this morning when I was driving.

I noticed a blur out of the corner of my eye, looked over, and sure enough, I was in a time machine. Funny, I didn't feel my daily jolt of jiggawatts either.

Well, my volume went down for the second time since I got it replaced less than month ago. Service advisor contacted SOA and they couldn't explain it so they are going to contact Panasonic about it. I should hear back soon about it.

Archived