LegacyGT.com

The XO2 Catback Thread

gone2vegas

Post your sound clips, pictures, fitment issues/fixes, etc. here.

Current group buy thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64339

Current batch does not have resonator and there are still fitment issues, mainly with the driver side muffler.

Soundclip (I believe this is without the resonator):

http://www.xo2racing.com/video/legacy.AVI

Clip of Infamous1's car (Completely catless stage 2. Gutted stock DP, MP, UP with a blitz intake)

http://www.xo2racing.com/video/cb-legayti.AVI

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea the drivers side is crocked and under the car its not in the right spot thats what making the drivers side like that

when I reinstalled my stock mid and y pipe, it looked like the problem was the XO2 muffler piping and flange. the flange didn't line up with the stock y pipe, but the passenger side was almost perfect.

yeah. the xo2's lineup issue is pissing me off too. i bought the polyeurethane muffler hangers and kept playing around with the bolts to lineup the damn exhausts but they keep hanging sideways. one muffler is really close to the bumper exhaust cutout and the other one hangs a little lower away from the cutout..

yeah. the xo2's lineup issue is pissing me off too. i bought the polyeurethane muffler hangers and kept playing around with the bolts to lineup the damn exhausts but they keep hanging sideways. one muffler is really close to the bumper exhaust cutout and the other one hangs a little lower away from the cutout..

Honestly this sounds like you have the midpipe installed backwards. Mine did the same thing when I had it installed incorrectly. An easy way to tell if it is in backwards is if the Y-pipe seems to be kind of low. After correcting the mid pipe both mufflers were at the same distance at the bumber, then the passenger side actually gave me more problems lining up then the driver's.

I can't believe that I'm the only one who had problems with the bolts supplied by X02 to fit between the stock downpipe and the new midpipe!? Didn't anyone else have this issue? Or did you guys just use the existing stock bolts with or without the springs attached the second time?

The ones X02 supplied didn't fit through the holes in the stock downpipe.

we at Xo2racing thank you guys for make this thread for us. and we are also sorry for the fitment issue and fitment of the bolts we are fixing everything right now. so there wont be any problem sorry about that and thanks to gone2vegas

for making the thread.

peter

I can't believe that I'm the only one who had problems with the bolts supplied by X02 to fit between the stock downpipe and the new midpipe!? Didn't anyone else have this issue? Or did you guys just use the existing stock bolts with or without the springs attached the second time?

The ones X02 supplied didn't fit through the holes in the stock downpipe.

I went to home depot and got longer bolts and a couple fender washers so I could use the springs. Can't remember the size, but if anybody needs the size I can find out.

we at Xo2racing thank you guys for make this thread for us. and we are also sorry for the fitment issue and fitment of the bolts we are fixing everything right now. so there wont be any problem sorry about that and thanks to gone2vegas

for making the thread.

peter

no problem, the group buy thread looked like it was getting cluttered with too many technical questions

Hey all. So as promised (in the group buy thread), here is a video of the car with the exhaust.

All the videos are going to be in quicktime format; let me know if you have any problems downloading them. Additionally, if any of the vids are too large (if you're on a modem or something), let me know and I'll make a super compressed version for ya.

Enjoy!

------------------

This first one is inside the car with all the windows up.

http://www.cannis.com/specb/cannis_wup.mov

My mufflers didn't line up very well either and I have a rattle and an exhaust leak that I'd like to fix. Both may be related to the Y-pipe though. Can you post a few pics of the correct orientation of the Y-pipe please. I'd like to make sure mine is installed correctly.

Dave

Honestly this sounds like you have the midpipe installed backwards. Mine did the same thing when I had it installed incorrectly. An easy way to tell if it is in backwards is if the Y-pipe seems to be kind of low. After correcting the mid pipe both mufflers were at the same distance at the bumber, then the passenger side actually gave me more problems lining up then the driver's.

________

Brownylover

Honestly they are too similar to explain the difference while on the car. If you are having all those issuses I can almost gurrantee it is installed wrong. The best thing to do is to pull the mid section back off and compare the bends with the OEM piece, closely.

I forgot to mention in my post. If you watch/listen to the vids, it's almost completely worthless without good headphones or speakers.

I went to show my wife the videos this AM (since she was the lovely camera operator) and we used her laptop...and you can barely hear anything. The laptop speakers strip almost all the bass.

So, again, don't watch with crappy speakers! :)

I forgot to mention in my post. If you watch/listen to the vids, it's almost completely worthless without good headphones or speakers.

I went to show my wife the videos this AM (since she was the lovely camera operator) and we used her laptop...and you can barely hear anything. The laptop speakers strip almost all the bass.

So, again, don't watch with crappy speakers! :)

Cannis,

Thanks for a real drive video. I am having the XO2 catback installed tonght to my Perring mufflers.:eek: I also have a 3" SS resonator but I want to hear without resonator before I decide if I want to weld it to the mid pipe. I assume yours didn't have the resonator? How is it on the highway as far as drone?

I don't think this will be as dramatic for me being as I am not going from total stock to XO2 catback. I am used to the Perrins, which I love. I just hope it is not too loud. Loud , like setting off car alarms and birds flying out of trees when I start in the morning.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Cannis,

Thanks for a real drive video. I am having the XO2 catback installed tonght to my Perring mufflers. I also have a 3" SS resonator but I want to hear without resonator before I decide if I want to weld it to the mid pipe. I assume yours didn't have the resonator? How is it on the highway as far as drone?

I don't think this will be as dramatic for me being as I am not going from total stock to XO2 catback. I am used to the Perrins, which I love. I just hope it is not too loud. Loud , like setting off car alarms and birds flying out of trees when I start in the morning.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

After awhile the exhaust really quiets down. I was at the strip a week ago, and my friend stated he couldn't even hear my car going down the track at WOT! On my first run he thought I wasn't on it all the way. This is all completely catless with the resonated system from the first groupbuy.

After awhile the exhaust really quiets down. I was at the strip a week ago, and my friend stated he couldn't even hear my car going down the track at WOT! On my first run he thought I wasn't on it all the way. This is all completely catless with the resonated system from the first groupbuy.

That's good to know. I just want it to sound aggressive but not obnoxious. I remember the first time I had the Perrin axel back put on I was like "this may be too loud." Now it feels and sounds normal. Also, the sound definitely mellowed after about 300 miles. I actually drive with the radio off just to hear them.

Well, I pulled into the garage today and got out with the car running and noticed a distinct exhaust leak sound. I put my hand under the DP->CBE connection and sure enough there is a massive exhaust leak there.

I have Cobb catted DP.

I torqued the bolts TIGHT, but the leak is still there. I had gone with the flat gasket that was provided with the CBE, but I guess I will need to get some longer bolts and go back to the donut gasket?

What did everyone else use?

Thanks,

Morgan

Okay so I had the catback installed w/Perrin mufflers and the sound is not bad. It isn't much louder at idle than with just the Perrin mufflers alone. As far as the sound when driving it sounds real aggressive but not bad trust me. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera just some crappy cell phone pics. The driver side tip is out a little further than the passenger side. This was also the case with just the Perrin mufflers - wierd. I am going to play around with them with once I gets some better hangers(Cusco/Kartboy).

The only exhaust upgrade I have besides the X02 catback and Perrin mufflers is an STI uppipe but I can feel the difference in 2nd gear. I doesn't die at 4500 rpms in 2nd gear.

Also, I've noticed that when down shifting from 4th to 3rd or from 3rd to 2nd it is a lot smoother. When shifting from 3rd to 2nd at 3000 rpms it doesn't jerk. It is just much smoother. Maybe someone that isn't a noob like me could chime in on this. Could this be because of less resistants in the exhaust. I don't think this is my imagination.

Archived