LegacyGT.com

What is this button for?

OK, to the left of the steering column....there are a group of buttons and controls. Just below the knob to adjust the sideview mirrors are a set of three buttons.

On my LGT (NOT a Limited)....the far left button is to activate the windsheild wiper de-icer (very cool). The center button is....I believe a divider of some sort on all LGT's. The third...far right button, is a dumby-fake button (pictured in the attached link). Is this real button on another LGT?

Does anybody know if this has a function in another class LGT? I would like to purchase this button and use it for a on/off switch for my, instead of drilling into the console and mounting a foreign button.

I tried inquiring about this at my local dealership, and had no cooperation. Maybe someone here could help.

-KevinH

DSC01044.jpg.fa6dda248d0e5919eb176e84de8ebcad.jpg

KevinH

I think the JDM version has the option to have a switch for folding the external mirrors, and one to even shake them to remove ice/snow. Not sure if this is available elsewhere - certainly not in Oz, not that we need them here anyway.

depending on the type and model of the car, some BP/BLs have rear windshield wipers, some have other options as well, (I believe a JDM model has something for that switch).

Keefe

I think the JDM version has the option to have a switch for folding the external mirrors, and one to even shake them to remove ice/snow. Not sure if this is available elsewhere - certainly not in Oz, not that we need them here anyway.

You mean I can get my side views to vibrate???? Oh my wife is gonna want that feature installed. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Ah...HAH! A rear windsheild wiper switch. Maybe....it could be that! Now I need to find a LGT with a rear windsheild wiper and see if that is the button, or if anyone out there has one let me know.

Well, the purpose is to use it for my iPod FM modulator. It is hard wired to my radio, and I need to have a on/off button somewhere. In the pic on my original thread, you can barely see the cradle behind the windsheild wiper arm.

-KevinH

KevinH

Hey Deer Killer, what is that button in the 1st pic #2961? It is directly under the L/R mirror knob....and is depressed. And what is the dial to the right of the knob with the numbers?

How come I dont have this cool stuff!

-KevinH

KevinH

Hey Deer Killer, what is that button in the 1st pic #2961? It is directly under the L/R mirror knob....and is depressed. And what is the dial to the right of the knob with the numbers?

-KevinH

Fold mirrors. The dial is a manual HID headlight height adjustment.

I've been asking myself that since before I bought the car - make that before I could buy the car.

Ah...HAH! A rear windsheild wiper switch. Maybe....it could be that! Now I need to find a LGT with a rear windsheild wiper and see if that is the button, or if anyone out there has one let me know.

Well, the purpose is to use it for my iPod FM modulator. It is hard wired to my radio, and I need to have a on/off button somewhere. In the pic on my original thread, you can barely see the cradle behind the windsheild wiper arm.

-KevinH

On the sedan in Japan, the car has rear winshield wipers, so good luck on finding a JDM Legacy in NZ or USA.

I doubt I have seen anywhere that has a stock I/C spray button. I do know that some of the other non-USA models have additional features on the car for that button. In the USA, it's just a dummy/blank panel that you can just drill through and install your own switch/led or jack that you want to install on it.

Keefe

Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
On my OBXT wagon, the rear wiper switch is on the tip of the regular wiper stalk. It rotates through three settings: intermittent, continuous, and washer spray.

Yeah, it's definitely not for an optional rear wiper- it's for the power folding mirrors the JDM gets. I want those too.

On a side note, I'm glad my XT has an on and an intermittent setting for the rear wiper. My WRX wagon only had the intermittent setting.

lol! Yea guys the rear wiper wold be on the wiper stalk. It would be like the wagons. And like Deer Killer posted the buttons are for the mirrors to fold, and the height adjustment for the HIDs (like our STi's have over here). It would be sweet to get the switch and get a I/C sprayer.

Mirror Folding for sure, not sure about the shake and bake though........

Adam.

OK, to the left of the steering column....there are a group of buttons and controls. Just below the knob to adjust the sideview mirrors are a set of three buttons.

On my LGT (NOT a Limited)....the far left button is to activate the windsheild wiper de-icer (very cool). The center button is....I believe a divider of some sort on all LGT's. The third...far right button, is a dumby-fake button (pictured in the attached link). Is this real button on another LGT?

Does anybody know if this has a function in another class LGT? I would like to purchase this button and use it for a on/off switch for my, instead of drilling into the console and mounting a foreign button.

I tried inquiring about this at my local dealership, and had no cooperation. Maybe someone here could help.

-KevinH

Guest *Jedimaster*
I probably wouldn't use the power folding mirror alot, but now i really want it...hey subaru, i got an idea, give the top of the line car ALL the options, that way the buyers won't feel like they're gettin jipped.

You won't get any disagreement there.

I probably wouldn't use the power folding mirror alot, but now i really want it...hey subaru, i got an idea, give the top of the line car ALL the options, that way the buyers won't feel like they're gettin jipped.