LegacyGT.com

Ordering JDM Outback Bumper with Exhaust Cutouts

Well I am taking the plunge. Im ordering the JDM outback bumper, which includes the back beam and comes painted from japanparts.com

Ill be installing the Autospeed Exhaust with it.

Ill post pics as soon as I receive it and get it installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet, Graham was having problems getting into the legacy website so I just ordered it today instead of on the 12th.

It should fit just fine. If you are interested in a stock bumper when I get my new one on let me know. Mine is a 2005 but I am not sure if they are different.

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got this thing ordered after trying and trying to get ahold of graham.

I guess he was out sick for a while at work and at one point could not get on the forum. anyway should be here in 4-6 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
OK everyone, the bumper came today. Just unboxed it tonight. The color looks to be correct and it DOES NOT have the black on the bottom half like the newer outbacks. YEA its ALL Granite Gray. The trunk area top is Gray also, not black like our outbacks. Ill post some pics of it off the car in the next couple of days and then some when I get it on.

yes the usdm outbacks do not have the cutouts. everywhere else in the world it does. you can see a picture if you go to the subaru austraila website.

Plan on putting it on with the autospeed exhaust tomorrow and this weekend.

it really wasn't that bad. It cost me somewhere around 600 or so with the LGT forum discount. Then the shipping from Japan was around 250.I figure you can get a bunper for 200-300 and by the time you get it painted for another 200-300 your into it for what I paid for one already painted from Subaru.The shipping is the main issue.

it really wasn't that bad. It cost me somewhere around 600 or so with the LGT forum discount. Then the shipping from Japan was around 250.I figure you can get a bunper for 200-300 and by the time you get it painted for another 200-300 your into it for what I paid for one already painted from Subaru.The shipping is the main issue.

WHAT!:eek: You spent $850 on a bumper conversion. Man someone has money to blow, nice mod but IMHO I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a bumper.

Well all, SNAG number one.

Graham

I have a slight problem. I just got the bumper off, and of course unpacked the bumper you sent and the issue is there is no back beam included with the bumper.

The back beam on the outbacks without the cutouts (USDM) is thicker top to bottom than the one with the cutouts. I thought the back beam would be included with the bumper based on the description below.

Ill send you an email as well. Was this to be included with the bumper cover? It looks like it to me.

Here is the description

107-034-S

JDM BUMPER SET PAINTED

Two notches for Tail-pipes. All hard ware, back beam include. *Choose color.

WHAT!:eek: You spent $850 on a bumper conversion. Man someone has money to blow, nice mod but IMHO I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a bumper.

Well it's a good thing it isn't your money or your car?.. ;)

-Mike-

How much in US dollars did you pay for your outback?

Just curious. I paid 24000 for the brand new outback with the 100,000 extended warranty. I planned on buying cheaper than an STI or a legacy GT so I could put some money in mods. Its far cheaper doing that than paying over 30,000 for an sti or spec B. and you get your car EXACTLY the way you want it.

Check out the pictures of my Jeep I sold on the webshots account linked earlier in this thread. I spent alot of money building this Jeep and I did it all myself.

When I sold it the Jeep I had 178,000 miles on it, it was worth about 5,000 (KBB) and I sold it for 8,000 which recouped almost all the money I had put into it.

I had taken care of that Jeep so well, even while four wheeling in the mountains of colorado that the guy who bought it was really happy. He couldnt believe it had that many miles.

Which by the way is a testament of mobile 1 synthetics, the motor and transmission were as strong as the day I bought it. It never used nor leaked a drop of oil.

If you take care of things you might even get some of the money back you spent while having the fun of building it. To each his own!

Archived