LegacyGT.com

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i performance options

Hello Everyone :)

I just bought a 2007 Limited Edition 2.5i Subaru Legacy in Missouri. I am wondering what kind of options there are for non turbo people in terms of getting a little bit of better performance out of the car. Is there at least any sort of Intake (for example out of the Imperza's that would fit these 2.5i engines)..I see some of you other people playing around with headers and exhaust. What are some of the good options and how much horsepower does each option add? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum!

Luckly for you your motor should be a non PZEV set as long as you bought it new. Like flip said you can basicaly get exhaust mods, intake and the puleys withough spending a fortune. Also AVO should be coming out with a turbo kit soon.

What intake are people using? :rolleyes:

Search is your best friend on this forum ;)

Here you go, Injen CAI: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58727

You might want to change your settings for the N/A section so you can see ALL past as well as recent threads and do some reading. A lot of your questions have already been discussed previously.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

best performance option....

go to dealer and trade the 2.5i in on a GT.

Don't post on my forum topic unless you have something intelligent to say that actually helps. Don't need those smart type comments. If you really own a GT like you claim you do, you have no business reading the non turbo section anyways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the post on the intake Hermit. I looked it over and I like it as a option. I am just slightly worried about the mods that need to be made with the tubing. I have a friend who is a car mechanic. I may run this by him and see what he thinks..will let u know what happens

I wonder if anyone knows what the real horsepower is for 2.5i on the wheels. The writeup on subaru.com lists 175 hp, but that is on the engine. A lot of that is lost on the transition from engine to wheels. I saw 1 dyno test here on one of the forums that listed the top hp at around 132-135. What do you guys think?

Don't post on my forum topic unless you have something intelligent to say that actually helps. Don't need those smart type comments. If you really own a GT like you claim you do, you have no business reading the non turbo section anyways.

I'm a moderator and I'll do what I want. Perhaps you'd like to be banned? :lol:

Just kidding...ha ha...lighten up a bit. Seriously, "power" modding the 2.5i isn't really going to do that much. You'll spend a lot of cash for minimal gain. If you wanted performance you should have gotten a GT...now that's intelligent IMO.

To "feel" a real difference you need to add about 10% more power. For you that's 13 to 14whp or about 18-20 crank horsepower. With an intake (@$250) and a catback ($650-$1000) you might...might get there. That's a lot of cash per hp. I think you'd be better off putting your money into the suspension. You'll see better performance returns for you dollar. Now for that cash you could get some nice lightweight wheels and performance tires. Even upgrade your brake pads. Or look into struts/springs, but not sure what options you have.

^+1 the 2.5i was not meant to be a performance motor. Better off selling it and getting a GT or focusing on suspension and exterior mods.

your going to get yelled at.

+1 suspension...exterior.

She may not have much geddy up but she can look awesome and handle a lot better than stock.

Had I known that I have all these professors here, I would have never asked my question.

But for your information, only an idiot would believe that people actually buy a Legacy GT in order to drive it gently. The idea of paying 20k for a car that is 2-3 years old, turbocharged and been driven the way people drive such vehicles was just not an option for me.

Paying somewhere around 30-33k for a new GT was unfortunately out of my budget.

So I went ahead and got what I got and all I wanted to know is if there are any performance options and everyone just starts chewing me out with this "WHY DIDN'T U BUY A GT" nonsense.

Thanks for the help. Great way to assist someone who asks a simple question

Thanks for the reply. I need to cancel this thread somehow...I had to ask the question the right way..check for my new one

^ would you like one of us professors to close it for you?

BTW....the internals of the GT can handle the "abuse" or "hard" driving. That's what it's built for. 30-33K. I believe that's sticker. Figure a good 10% off the sticker price as the final selling cost. You'll find many used '05 and '06 GT's on this board or Ebay going for 16-25K depending on year and mileage. If the car has low miles and never modified I wouldn't second guess buying a used one at all.

Archived