LegacyGT.com

Stock front sway bar size

stewartg

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=124360&postcount=27

and

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=215243&chapter=&sectionids=19,2512&groupid=51856&subgroupid=2542&componentid=52736&make=32&model=Legacy&year=2005&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

the second one saying Stabilizer Bar F D21 would make me think that means diameter 21. i couldnt get a P/N off that site or any details on the bar in any of the categories.

edit: also found some car sales websites that had the sizes in inches, .83in front = 21mm

can anyone confirm if the front 21mm is hollow or solid?

Judging by the weight and how the bar sounds when I tap it with a wrench I am pretty sure it is hollow. If this is a burning issue I WILL cut it open tonight if it will help us sleep better:).

BTW, I think the rear OE bar is hollow also,(face in hands) ........ah hell with it, I'm cutting both open tonight:lol:.

i just changed my fsb bushings to whitelines (20mm) since my stock bushing was squished and made the front end seem very loose when turning. whitelines made it feel nice again. also upgraded to the jdm rsb and it really helps out the balance of the car.

• 3 years later...
yea it does because if you are not planning on putting an aftermarket sway in the front its still a very good idea to get polyurethane bushings for the front sway to stiffen the car up alot

i was asking if it mattered if the bar was solid or hollow.

Because the torsional load is mostly carried on the surface of the bar, it makes only a small difference if a bar is hollow or solid if they are the same diameter. There are however, other loads carried at the contact points(the ends and bushings), and a hollow bar must be thick walled enough to handle these, as well as compensate for defects in the tube wall (like rust, dents etc.)

Aaron

Archived