OMFG - Joining the horror stories

So I was having some issues:

1. Airbag light keep turning on

2. Front right wheel would rattle

3. Turns and driving not 'tight' anymore - car seem scared

4. Car/Steering wheel vibrates/shakes

so i brought it in to a subaru dealer

here was the solutions:

1. the machine said that the clock/airbag info display was causing the airbag light to turn on - so they will order a replacement - covered under warranty

2. the rattling of the wheel, shaking of the car - etc - the, dont quote me on this, the suspension is shot and the <something> fluid is blown - so they are replacing it under warranty

so far so good right?

well, here comes the horror story,

1. as i received my car, first thing i notices is a scratch, a deep scratch on one of my rims. im talking about FRESH - like the scratched off material is still hanging on for its dear life.

2. the technician never visited legacygt.com and looked at jazzy's instructions on how to get to the radio -

a. cuz the F#@$ cigarette tray is not holding in - its always out,

b. there are multiple scratches on the both left and right grey plastic pieces,

c. the various plastic pieces around had marks on them clearly showing that this guy forced the pieces to be removed.

i looked into my center console, and i noticed nothing seem to be removed, so i knew it was not removed. so the technician bypassed the "remove the handbrake cover, then the 2 screws in the center console - etc." steps!!

he went directly to "lets use a screw driver and pry off the side pieces"!!!!

MAKE THE LONG STORY SHORT:

anyone out here have any luck in getting those plastic trims replaced w no cost? and 1 rim replacement?

good thing i didnt tell them about the dash rattle - cuz goodness knows what kind of F@#$ed up things couldve happened.

Guest Gitster

2. the rattling of the wheel, shaking of the car - etc - the, dont quote me on this, the suspension is shot and the <something> fluid is blown - so they are replacing it under warranty

Power steering pump??? How was the fluid "blown" ?? Suspension doesnt just become "shot." Just a heads up. Im curious to exactly what they said.

Hey, what was the cause for the problem 3? I'm experiencing the same problem. In corners, car doesn't feel stable anymore. On highway speeds, car seems like it's being pushed around in wind (same feeling). I have a problem when I first start the car and take off, I hear these clunking noises, sounds like from brakes 'cuz I hear 'em at low speeds when I brake a little bit, like when pulling in my garage.

im going there today to show the damage - and lets see what happens.

man, now i understand why people go buy 'quality' cars.

does luxury cars have the same problem with such sloppy services?

I'm guessing that a strut (damper) was "shot"... hence the reference to fluid.

i guess thats what it means. im too distracted with the other damages that the technician caused.

i guess thats what it means. im too distracted with the other damages that the technician caused.

Yes, I empathize with you there. I guess the only difference with the luxury brands is that they charge enough more in their service prices to cover for these things. This isn't acceptable for any brand though, and the dealer should pay to fix it.

update: they are "ordering" the rim 2 grey plastic pieces and the adjoining black dash pieces.

well see what happens.

fyi : i fixed the ashtray myself. the part behind was out of the guide.

Archived