LegacyGT.com

OK So nobody makes direct replacement Struts for our cars??

sashadg1

I have read threads over and over on struts and combos used. I t appears so far not one manufacture making struts for our cars here in the US?

I keep seeing JDM top hats needed or JDM springs needed to work on this or that Strut.

I checked Bilstein, Tokico, KYB, Koni. Not one listed a strut for our car WTF!!

Somebody please explain this JDM crap for me with top hats.

I'm getting Teins because I'm going with a 19X8 Rim and they are the only springs that lowers less than an inch that aren't over priced.

I would go with the Progress but I think they may lower to much in the front with my combo.

Please Help!!

So what year should I be looking for. If they work on our car why are they not listing them this way. Or have they just not tested them for fitment for themselves?

Do I need to buy special top hats for them to work?

And if you want Spec B Bilsteins, get ready to pony up $1300. Bilstein HDs are available at TireRack among other places for approx $550 but I'm not sure if they need JDM/Spec B tophats. Search this Suspension section. Bosco installed the HDs with Pinks in the last month and there's a thread on the whole experience. Also check the North Central regional section if you can't find it under this suspension section.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54289

Just click on this link. There's a bunch of info regarding the HD's. HD's are not direct replacements for US LGT. You will need Spec B parts. I have pinks due to the moderate drop all around. You may have a problem with HD's if you want a slammed ride.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Ohlins are direct replacement struts. But they cost buku dollars.

Also require JDM top hats.

I really don't know why people make this an issue. It's only $110 bucks for the JDM front top hats and front spring seats. Big deal.

Also require JDM top hats.

I really don't know why people make this an issue. It's only $110 bucks for the JDM front top hats and front spring seats. Big deal.

I don't think it's a price thing just the fact that you need to swap around different parts.

There are soo many posts do " I need this " or can " I use these springs". Not straight forward.

I am one of them:lol:

Denial is your best friend

I don't think it's a price thing just the fact that you need to swap around different parts.

There are soo many posts do " I need this " or can " I use these springs". Not straight forward.

I am one of them:lol:

Exactly...

And with the HD's: you still need JDM springs right?

Sorry I meant to say not slamming the car with H-Techs. I think it's the least drop of any spring. See what happens when you don't proof read. Complete opposite of what I thought I wrote. Yes from what I read Bosco's thread he has the part #'s listed that you will need.Scott

pinks drop less than h-techs

(and s-techs drop more than h-techs)

If the published rates are accurate, h-techs are very close to the stock spring rates - the rears are the same (5.5), and the fronts are only slightly stiffer (3.9 vs 3.5).

Koni was teasing us with adjustable shocks about a year ago, but nothing ever came of it. :(

Sorry I meant to say not slamming the car with H-Techs. I think it's the least drop of any spring. See what happens when you don't proof read. Complete opposite of what I thought I wrote. Yes from what I read Bosco's thread he has the part #'s listed that you will need.Scott

Talk to unclemat about some JDM take-offs. That's what I'm doing. ;) JDM GT wagon Rev. A suspension complete with tophats. No more confusion! :lol:

pinks drop less than h-techs

(and s-techs drop more than h-techs)

If the published rates are accurate, h-techs are very close to the stock spring rates - the rears are the same (5.5), and the fronts are only slightly stiffer (3.9 vs 3.5).

Koni was teasing us with adjustable shocks about a year ago, but nothing ever came of it. :(

The BASTARDS! I want Yellows!

FWIW, I'm running the Tokico HTS/D-spec on my car WITH THE USDM LGT TOPHATS!!!

And I've had no problems at all. Yes, the nut only engages a few of the threads on the top of the shock, but it has not and is not in any danger of backing off or breaking (as long as I don't take it off any sweet jumps).

Archived