LegacyGT.com

iPod integration on 2003 with 6 CD changer

SixPlusSeven

Hey guys!

I used to own a GT wagon, but ended up selling it when I moved. Unable to find a suitable replacement on this coast, I just picked up another Subaru - a 2003 Outback H6 wagon, and here's my dilema!

The stock stereo on the H6 has an integrated indash 6 disc changer, and the whole thing is at least 1.5 (if not 2) din size. Of course it has no aux input on the front, and I don't believe there to be a "spare" input in the back as there is for nav systems on many new cars.

Being completely fed up with FM modulators, I want a "hard wired" integration for my iPod, and was hoping you guys could help! I've searched around and found many threads about the '05 / '06 Legacys, but nothing prior.

Is there anything like jazzymt's setup that I can use on my '03? I really don't want a whole new headunit as it means I either use a blockoff plate and ditch the cd changer or buy a double din radio. I'd rather not do either for cost and aesthetics.

Anyway, what are my options for a hard wired integration?

Thanks a million guys!

I believe the Jazzy unit will actually work on your car.. PM him and ask :)

Nice cay by the way, that's what I used to have before I got the Outback XT.

Thanks, I'll send him a PM.

Also, if I am not mistaken, his unit uses a 3.5 plug for the phone jack - right? Is there a way to make it so that it uses the full plug on the bottom that charges the system while playing? While the phone jack is better than an FM transmitter I'd rather have charging capabilities.

Thanks guys!

I'm hesitant to say it would work on your car. My first guess would be that it does not. There are however some pre-05 radios it works on:

P-128: 2004 LL Bean 6CD

P-131: 2004 Baja 6CD

P-129 & P-123: 2004 & 2002 Impreza - work with a different version of the board that has 15 pins instead of 14 for the ribbon cable.

If you have any of those radios, I can definitely help - otherwise it's just a shot in the dark.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Thanks for the reply jazzy, as 83 pages in your current thread is a lot to read, I looked around your site and was pleased to see that you have a unit that charges the iPod too. I'll see what model radio I have and let you know.

Besides the radios you have that you know it works with, do you have a list of the models you know it doesn't work with?

Thanks again!

Archived