LegacyGT.com

Pittsburgh area dealers?

rvlmtfnk

can anyone recommend a decent subaru dealership in or around Pittsburgh? i'm a (relatively) new owner of a 05 legacy gt ltd wagon, but bought the car in New York. i'm driving it back to school (CMU) this weekend, so I need a decent dealership which I trust for servicing and stuff like that. thanks.

I bought my 2005 LGT at Langston Subaru on Rt. 22 in Murrysville. Since then the owner sold the business to #1 Cochran. That dealership has now been moved west on Rt. 22 to Monroeville and is called #1 Cochran Subaru. Here is their website: http://www.cochransubaru.com/en_US/

Monroeville can be easily driven to from downtown Pittsburgh by going east on the parkway (Rt. 376). Also Monroeville has an exit off the turnpike.

I always liked the people at Langston and that's why I bought my car there. I was extremely pleased when #1 Cochran kept the full staff of sales and mechanics / techs. I actually just picked my car up yesterday from there for PA state inspection and oil change.

I feel confident taking my car there and I am a very particular person when it comes to automobiles.

Dealers to stay away from: I have never ever had good experiences with Kunkle's in Delmont. I don't trust dealers where I know more than their sales / techs.

I know there are others in the area but I have no experience with them. Hope this helps!

Chris.

Chris: thanks so much for the info! i've been waiting forever to have someone step forward.

we should definitely do a Pittsburgh LGT meet.. i know there are two guys here in CMU who have LGTs and one guy who works at Pitt.

I've had shopping and/or buying experiences with Baierl, Kunkles, Langston (now #1 Cochran), and Hamilton (Irwin). And, I just bought my wife an Infinity G35x at Cochran Infinity also on Rt. 22 in Monroeville.

My experiences: Kunkles plays too many games and doesn't do the volume to offer great deals, Baierl deals straight but wanted 1K over invoice on an 07 STI Limited (which I walked away from), Hamilton does a good volume and can offer decent prices and offered $250 over invoice on an 07 STI Limited which I bought, Langston (now Cochran) was offering $1200 under invoice on leftover 06 STIs which I thought was a great deal and almost went for - they were also no hassle and actually had the price listed on the car . Cochran Infinity was also no hassle and offered me $1200 under invoice on an 06 G35 x (which I traded the 07 STI Limited for).

As far as Subie dealers, I'd work Cochran and Hamilton against each other and you'll probably do well price wise. And it'll be relatively painless.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

well i already have my lgt wagon. i'm just trying to find a good dealership to get it serviced at. but thanks for the detailed response.

so two more pittsburgh area lgts from emlevins and meshanks07. nice. a few more and we have ourselves a proper meet. haha.

nice...fast replies!

i seem to remember passing a subaru dealership somewhere in oakland a while back, or was i just imagining things? any info on them?

You're probably thinking of P&W on Liberty Ave. in Bloomfield / Shadyside. They sold the dealership over the summer.

I was extremely pleased when #1 Cochran kept the full staff of sales and mechanics / techs.

That's good to know. I talked to the guys at Langston when I was shopping for my car. Ended up buying at Hamilton because they had a better price, but the staff at Langston impressed me. They seemed very mod-friendly as well -- any idea if that is still the case at Cochran?

Well, I've never had any warranty issues and I am now out of warranty so I guess I'll never know. I liked Langston because they had as far as I know the only Subaru Performance shop in town (Langston Speed) right at the dealership. I saw a couple WRXs and RS that they've built and it seems to me they know their stuff when it comes to modding. The salesman I bought my car from had a heavily modded WRX that he raced out at Pittsburgh Raceway Park where Langston used to sponsor races. They always welcomed me to race for free as part of their dealership since I bought my car there so I'm anxious to see if #1 Cochran will also sponsor race nights.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Since this one's come back to life I'll throw a couple more cents in. I've been out to Cochran Subaru a couple of times, and they have been pretty good. The service manager seems friendly. They took care of a warranty battery issue and didn't bat an eye at the extra 2 ga. cable hooked up to the terminal.

• 4 weeks later...
Test drove a 2007 Legacy Ltd. there and liked it a lot. Seemed like a good dealership. Anyone have experience with them? I live close to Baierl Subaru in the North Hills. Anyone else deal with them and like them?

I test drove a 2008 Legacy 4 cyl Limited today at Day Subaru, West Liberty Ave. Great car, nice dealer experience, ready to sell at invoice or close to it. Didn't have one with stability control yet. Waiting till July for mine. Dealership used to be Bill Gray Subaru, then moved to Shadyside as P&W Subaru, now back to W. Liberty Ave since January as Day Subaru. Also have a Day-Apollo Subaru in Moon Township., Probably will buy there. Closer to home plus they give a free loaner even for oil changes.

stay away from Baierl Subaru

Weren't very competitive as far as pricing when compared to Hamilton or Cochran.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Kerven in Bulter Pa is great. well worth the drive.

Nice folks but would not budge from $500 over invoice when I last tried to buy.

07 BMW 335xi

Archived