LegacyGT.com

Please post what tire pressure you run..

Spec B

I did a search I could not find much info on this..

I was wondering what tire size and pressure do you typically run for street or track use. I have a feeling I run my tire pressure way too low..

Street - Stock Spec B tires - 215/45-18's and I run 33PSI all the way around.

Track - Never been

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Street only - I don't track/strip the car, unfortunatley.

That said:

"Summer" - currently Bridgestone/Fuzion ZRi, 225/40/18 on 18x8-inch +51 offset Prodrive PFF-7s. 40 front, 38 rear, hot.

"Winter" - Falken ZIEX-ZE 512 (I bias my driving more towards compromising ultimate snow/slush traction, situations under which I truly pussyfoot around in, anyway, in favor of wet-weather traction). 225/45/17 on stock LGT rims. 38 front, 36 rear, cold. I find that these tires are *extremely* sensitive to pressure variances in terms of their snow/slush capabilities.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

way too many tires for me to list.. tire pressures should be based on alignment as well as when you add camber and such, the tire will not heat up properly. Get a tire pyrometer to get the right temps.. that's how it should be done..

If you dont have one, use the lowest pressure you can get that is just to the point where the shoulder isnt rolling over on the outside.. the inside edge will heat up based on camber and toe alignments as well as shock dampening and other suspension mods.

my typical tire pressures are cold (once hot, bleed to cold if tire is not showing any shoulder wear @ 2 psi increments):

225/45/17 Falken Azenis RT-615

Rain = 25/22

Dry Autox = 38/36

Dry Daily = 40/33

Dry Track = 34/30

235/40/17 Kumho V700

Dry Autox = 42/36

Dry Track = 36/32

235/40/18 Pirelli Corsa

Dry Autox = 40/36

Dry Track = 36/32

245/40/18 Falken Azenis RT-615

Rain = 32/28

Dry Autox = 40/38

Dry Daily = 40/35

Dry Track = 36/33

Keefe

Guys, always set your tire pressures cold.

I run 225/45/17 RE050A's on my GT, with 38 f, 36 r. You probably want to run your 18's a bit higher, say 40/38 (prob what I'd run with an 18). These tires should not be run at such low pressures - you may have uneven wear across the tire, with the outside wearing too quickly. Also, with the 33 psi setting, you will have more grip, to a lower ultimate limit, and you will have poor turn-in compared to higher pressures. These tires have such excellent grip that you should not worry about running them too full, even in the wet.

Street only - I don't track/strip the car, unfortunatley.

That said:

"Summer" - currently Bridgestone/Fuzion ZRi, 225/40/18 on 18x8-inch +51 offset Prodrive PFF-7s. 40 front, 38 rear, hot.

jogging down notes... hmm i don't never check my tire pressure... how often should i do that?

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Running a little higher psi will lower rolling resistance, which can help with the gas mileage. Downside is a slightly harsher ride.

On my 650 mile trip back to NYC this past weekend, I averaged about 28-29.5mpg on 40f/37r (aired it up a little bit higher just for that reason), with an average speed of around 70mph.

I hit a pretty heavy patch of rain in PA-NJ border...with old wipers...suffice to say it was pretty interesting with a streaky windshield and lots of oncoming glare :p

Archived