LegacyGT.com

License plate bracket?

Not sure. Mine didn't come with anything, but I can see dimples where holes would go. Odd really, considering I need one by law here in CA. I got one warning already, but I still just have both plates stacked in the rear.

They actually do make a bracket that is a little better looking than just drilling into the cover...

You still need to drill into the bumper, though, as that is how you mount the bracket to the bumper. The bracket itself just moves the plate about .5" off of the bumper, and moves it slightly higher.

-Mike-

Subaru does not put a front plate bracket on because not all states require a front plate. They put two tiny dimples(pilot Holes) for the front plate for those that need to use it. Just Drill right into the little indentations.

Then most dealers go ahead and drill them for you, or have already drilled them, and tacked a plastic ad plate directly to the bumper cover.

If subaru meant to leave off the plate holder for all states, and have it done by dealers, they should build it in to send those dealers plate holders to install, or tell the dealers to leave their hands off the drill, and leave it to the customer to request it, or do it themselves.

Either put a plate holder on, or don't drill. drilling and screwing a plate to the bumper is a half-assed choice, and the plates will likely scratch the hell out of Subaru's soft paint.

Either put a plate holder on, or don't drill. drilling and screwing a plate to the bumper is a half-assed choice, and the plates will likely scratch the hell out of Subaru's soft paint.

Yup. My front plate came off b/c it was scratching up my clearcoat really bad. The dealer put my license plate on for me...and they put it on TIGHT.

My solution:

hi

I saw "you're solution" for the legacy front plate problem. I already ordered and received the bracket, but where did you get that clear cover and screws? Also, how much did you have to dremel the holes because they are not lining up with the ones the dealer drilled.

Do the 05's need a front one? Or do they just drill in the front?

^ My was just drilled, fellow Clevelander.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It's a new bracket for a '92-'94 Camry. I have a '94 and the fit is almost perfect...just a little Dremel work. If the bracket comes off the bumper there are now 4 holes in the bumper...the attachment screws for the bracket do not line up with the license plate holes the dealer put in the bumper.

Clear plate cover and lower nylon bolts are from just about any auto parts store. The upper bolts holding the plate to the bracket are stainless steel.

Toyota Parts Cheap.com

It is still ugly.

Archived