LegacyGT.com

How to stop an out-of-control Tercel!

Sorry about the wreck. Hope that you and your passengers are OK.

Driving past Toronto on the 401 scares the heck out of me. Too many recent migrants from places where driving is not part of the culture. Too many cell phone drivers. No respect for left lane passing. Love Toronto, hate driving there!

no spin - he hit me while i was stopped - i let the brakes go and darted left as much as i could a split second before - but couldn't save it. He hit me at > 70 kph. His was totalled. I had his pic on the cell but i lost it during data transfer.

I hope my 4wd is ok. Passengers are fine. Lucky - it would have been much worse if he hit me dead centre.

Just south of the Airport - between Renforth and Dixie going East. Traffic - all lanes - had come to a stop before me - nothing sudden though. And he was nowhere behind me when i began slowing down.

Came from somewhere behind me - and by the time he realized it - it was too late.

he pretty much fell out of his car. People stopped to help him out. His airbag never went off.

Can't tell about how far the ripple's gone into the roof. I couldn't check much since the damage was much on the side where traffic was flying by and i was quite shaken up anyway.

The glass is intact. I am not sure how they'll fix the internal crumbled metal though - all that stuff that's on the inside. Glass was intact.

I am kinda sad about my car. Just three months old. Just put a leather wheel in it.

I hope your Legacy will be alright, but in case you want to sell the wheel... I'll buy it back! :icon_wink Stupid, stupid me - I am in the market for a 2.5i Legacy for my wife now....

I can imagine how you feel. I was pissed off when some jackas destroyed the roof of my car just 2 weeks after I bought. Probably was jealous seeing a new car. But that was nothing like the injury to your Leggy.

LOL - and this time we have to refrain from pay pal!

Well i hope they can fix it - apparently went to the top body shops in the area. I wonder if they will write it off. If they do - then do i get a chance to get stuff like my mirror, wheel, SAT radio wirings, and shifter out of it?

I am sure you should be able to get that stuff back, methinks.

These are "aftermarket" parts, and the insurnace covers your car in stock form (unless you got special endorsments for extra equipment).

Given it's a new car, they will most likely fix. If the suspension subframe was moved, than I am sure, but really does not look too bad.

Damn Tercels.

Indeed. Since I got my Legacy I see more cars drifiting towards and doing other stupid things. My wife independenly said that, too.

Is it the color? The car blue, while out previous car was gold - much lighter.

That is sad, and it sucks big time, but I think you would have been better off if it was dead center from behind. You'll be amazed as to how strong the back bumper/support beams are on a legacy. plus it is all plastic and metal that can be easily fixed/replaced. Rear quarter panel crashes have to be one of the worst ones IMHO.

Good luck, and make sure you do not have any neck pain a couple of days after the accident.

X

---

Thanks everyone. I will keep you posted. The only news so far is that the replacement rental (a CTS) is gulping gas up. And it's supposed to be a luxury car? Handling and drive comfort is horrible to say the least. I am calling State Farm to get me another car.

Archived