LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Limited windhsield replacement

Joon525

I bought my car used and know that the owner before me had the front windshield replaced. I just noticed that it has no visible lines for the wiper defroster. I asked someone else on this forum if he had the lines visible and he said that he did.

What I'd like to know is if anyone here has heard of a windshield replacement that HAS the defroster but NO lines being visible? I'm at work right now so I can't just go out and turn the car on and check by turning the button on (I'll do that on the way home though).

IMHO the wiper defrosters are the sUcKs!!!!

You are better off getting off the car and scraping off the ice. I would have rather gotten headlight washers. I think it is not really worth you changing your windshield if you do not have this feature.

X

---

I wouldn't be willing to spend a lot of money getting it changed either. You would have to wait a LONG time for the windshield to be cleared (by the warm air defroster) before you could see well enough to drive if you don't scrape, so you have to scrape and you might as well scrape under the wipers. It is a worthless feature in my opinion...not from how well it performs, but from it's lack of usefullness. If freezing precipitation is predicted, just lift the wipers up off the glass to the perpendicular position when you leave the car and they won't freeze down.
It is still ugly.

The problem that the defrosters remedied for me was while driving with snow falling, without the defroster the wipers would freeze and become unusable. With the defrosters I can continue to use the wipers.

They are useful in a sense, if you are driving in a snowfall and you don't have these, your wipers will ice up and become un-useable. Only really beneficial if you live in an area with a winter climate. If I had a windshield w/o the wiper defroster but had the button for the wiper defrosters, I wouldn't spend the money to get the proper windshield, I would just wait until I need a new windshield then I would get the proper one. I am sure there is a premium for the windshield with the wiper defroster bars and the guy was probably just trying to save money.

Archived